“Better than the reviews.”

Super 8 Montgomery I-65
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Florida, USA
“Better than the reviews.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here 1 night last week while traveling. I was hesitant because of the reviews, but we were tired and needed to stop. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. The manager was very friendly and we were treated well. The neighborhood is bad and there are no restaurants except for fast food and a very mediocre truck stop. So, eat well before you stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Close to I-65 and several fast food joints. Not the best area of town. Desk clerk was friendly. Room was clean. Aircondition (temp decrease) button was broken. Window was fogged up (between the panels). Refrigerator had a constant tapping noise. This was a no-frills place to stay for the night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob D
Norwood, OH
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here last week on our way to Panama City Beach. We only chose it because we were desperate to find something. We had been looking for a hotel since Birmingham. With the Taladaga race, some school track meets and college graduations most everything at every exit off of I-65 was full. We had 9 in our group and since they had rooms available we decided to go ahead and stay. Plus I'm choice priviliges member and knew it would help getting the bonus points. I checked the room first and it seem alright. The beds were queen size and it had a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Breakfast in the morning was just okay too. We were just glad there were no bedbugs! These days that's all you ever hear. The worst thing I could say about this hotel was the location. Right off the exit and not in a very good part of town at all. We especially noticed that the next morning when driving the rest of the way to Florida. Lots of closed and bored up businesses, plus only fast food places to eat. If we had gone about 10 miles further we would have had alot nicer hotels to choose from. I would suggest skipping this place and looking a little further.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bizElady
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The side entrance hall smelled like something had died there, and NOT recently. Around 8:30 pm, we were roused by the fire alarm, but we were told "Everything's all right" with no further explanation. I awoke in the morning with 2 bites on my leg, which look a lot like bedbug bites, but I can't confirm that's what they were. 8am, and there was no coffee, even though there were only 2 other people in the breakfast room. ( the manager did quickly make some more). The nearest restaurants, other than the T&A truck stop is 5 miles away, but the highway in front of the motel has several hookers wandering the area. Absolute disaster.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank GibbonMan
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I booked this Comfort Inn for myself and my husband be/c we've had good luck w/ this chain. The hotel itself isn't too bad, but the area is very bad. There were many closed motels, restaurants, and other buildings in the area as well as prostitues in the hotel parking lot at night!!! When my husband questioned the hotel manager, he was told there was nothing the hotel could do but that the prostitutes were not in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GatorLiz355
Pensacola
Reviewed September 4, 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at (and I have been to many). The front desk was rude, the room wasn't very clean, and there were hookers across the street. The area was not very nice and I would never let anyone I loved stay here. Also, it says there is a pool, which didn't look like it had ever been cleaned. If you need to stay in the area, head to the comfort inn & suites. It is a little farther away and 18 dollars more, BUT MUCH NICER!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ittybitty10
North Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2010

This hotel was very nasty! Stains were all over the carpet! Several things in the room would not work! Bathroom door fell off, the light above sink would not work, shower head was very loose and the alarm clock cords had wire exposed. There were no drink machines on any floors and the ice vending machine was broken!! The tables in the room had not been wiped off! The room was just so nasty! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! Oh and several torn window screens!! Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business