Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd.
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Two years in a row we request, reserve, pre-pay for a room on the first floor and each year there isn't any rooms available. First year we are put on the 3rd level and this year on the 2nd level. What is the purpose of making a reservation when they don't honor your request. The rooms are nice and good location, but they just can't make the reservation correct!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rickydean
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about our rooms being nice; however, we apologize that we were unable to provide you with 1st floor accommodations. We do strive to provide guest with the accommodations requested, but often we have guest that extend their stay and we are unable to acquire that room for the next guest. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at meb2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is by far the worst motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. First off it took us over 30 minutes to check into the place. The stairs were broken on our side so we had to walk all the way around the building to get to our room. The worse part was our air condition was broken in our room keeeping in mind that its August and very hot and humid and nobody made any attempt to accomdate us. Customer serivce was rude and told me nothing she could do. The kitchen floor was slippery and refridgerator was nasty. Also there were no big towels in our room. I wouldnt advise anyone to ever stay here. If you can go somewhere else. This place is the worse and she be ashamed of the service they provide.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamar h
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that it had taken longer than expected during your check-in process. I also apologize for the a/c not operating properly in your room. In response to your feedback, I am addressing the issues indicated to ensure that we are doing our best to prevent any issues in the future. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet those expectations.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at meb@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Trying to not write this in anger, but as some past reviews have basically said, this hotel does not seem to be up to the standards of past extended stays I have been at. The room does feel moist as mentioned previously with a weird smell (perhaps smoke?) though the room is non-smoking. Additionally, upon arrival there was no shower curtain and shampoo. Basically water got all over the floor and I had to request a shower curtain which I had to put on myself and shampoo. Disappointing and unacceptable. Also, the bathroom door doesn't actually lock (believe the room was not correctly made because the door doesn't close well). I would agree that 1 night is a long enough stay for the quality of this extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mi H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am very disappointed to hear that your bathroom shower did not have a curtain. As well, I am sorry that our amenity policy was not communicated to you at check-in. At this time, we do not offer shampoo in our guest rooms; however, we do have a limited supply of toiletries available upon request at the front desk. I will work with our entire staff to ensure this message is conveyed during check-in moving forward. I will also have our maintenance staff fix the bathroom door in your room.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at meb@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife had an early morning surgery appointmert in Montgomery and this is the hotel VA chose to have us stay at. Everything was ok except for some hair in the shower. If I had to stay an additional night, I would have chose a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that shower in your room was unclean. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make every effort to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at meb@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stopped at the Extended Stay on the Eastern Blvd, in Montgomery, AL. It was a last minute decision to stay overnight. Thank Heavens it was only one night. I booked the room around 10pm over the phone. The operator was very kind and the reservation was made rather quickly. However, when I arrived at the hotel the front office was closed!?! Lights off, blinds drawn and door locked. There was a notice stating I had to use a payphone located on the side of the building to ring the night attendant. I did and it took two calls to get her to answer. She straight up told me that even my room was booked and paid she would not be able to check me in. She said that when she gets to work (AT 7PM) all of the reservation are printed out and left for her by the staff member before her. I told her that my reservation was made after 7pm and that it made absolutely no sense why a person would be able to make a reservation after 7pm if they would not be able to check-in. She responded that people could check-in after 7pm but she couldn’t check me in b/c she did not have access to the computer. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you guys that she had a pretty apparent attitude by that last response she gave me. I then offered to give her my confirmation number and she said she “aint need it cuz aint nothing” she can do. All of this took place while I was standing outside, all alone at 11pm. I hung up on her and I called the (800) #. Thankfully, I ended up talking to the sales rep that had booked my room. He told me that he received frequent calls about this same issue at this hotel. He said he was going to contact the hotel manager and they would have this resolved. He was polite enough to stay on the phone until she came to the door which was 10mins into the call with him. (Yes, I checked my call log.) I received my room key that didn’t work. Surprise, surprise. A woman came peeping out of the window and said, “This room is occupied.” I went back down stairs and the office lights were on and the door was unlocked. To myself I wondered if she knew this room was occupied and was waiting on my return. But this wasn’t the worst of my stay. I got my new room key, and went upstairs. There were no bath towels or face rags in there. The bed sheet had a cigarette burn and an old unidentifiable stain. (Pictured below) I was pissed.

Room Tip: Not only would I not stay here again, but I would not recommend this place to a stranger in the stre...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

1st I had to make reservation via online to secure a room, to avoid being told they were booked. (All other hotels were booked) 2nd hotel is next to a sport bar and folks were outside blasting rap music. 3rd roach on wall 4th doors are external 4th refrigerator smelled and was dirty looking.
5th room was small.

But beds were ok, decor was ok, check-in clerk was ok. Very accessible to lots of restaurant, shops and nicer hotels

1 night was enough.

Room Tip: Request rear room away from sports bar and away from street
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

We recently received a copy of your review of our Extended Stay America Montgomery Eastern Blvd location. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why we were disappointed to read your post. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The reservation, noise and pest control issues you describe are unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, we have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let us apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. We hope that you may give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I are frequent guests of your hotels Extended Stay and Homestead. When we go on trips and vacations we make sure we find one of your hotels because we know our stay will be enjoyable and your staff are so professional and courteous. There is one local hotel in particular that I'd like to share with you my experience there. The Extended Stay in Montgomery on Eastern Blvd. Me and my husband recently had us a Stay-cation for our Anniversary in October, just to get away from the kids and the hussle and bustle of evetyday life. The property itself is always clean and well groomed, you can see that just by passing by on the blvd. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly, knowledgable and professional. We had no trouble checking in on short notice and our room was perfect, just like all the other out of state locations. I have and will continue to refer your company to all of my friends and family. And not to mention the prices are so affordable. From check-in to check-out my visit was excellent. I'm giving your company, your management and the staff at this location a thumbs up. This week there is a huge Annual College football game happening in Montgomery, and I didn't hesitate to refer your Montgomery locations to friends and family coming in from out of town. Thanks for great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara M
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

It was very kind of you to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Montgomery - Eastern Boulevard and we thank you for your loyal business. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers and know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at any affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling.

In closing, please allow us to express our utmost gratitude for your business and comments in this forum.