“Keep looking,..”

Ranked #56 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Houston, Texas
“Keep looking,..”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This motel is in a bad part of town, and right next door to a bowling alley that is open very late. All the bad things you read here are pretty much true. Go further west toward the river, MUCH nicer part of town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BlackBolt00
jr00715, Manager at Quality Roof Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the concerns that you have brought to our attention. We apologise that your room smelled of smoke. As per our policy we have designated non-smoking as well as smoking rooms for all of our guests. Please be assured that we have addressed all the issues you have brought to our attention so that your future stay with us will be a pleasant one. We love to provide EXCELLENT guest service to all of our guests, and we hope you visit us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide your the best service available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bournemouth
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I have stayed at many Red Roof Inns that were fine, but this one was disgusting. It obvious hadn't been cleaned properly, due to all the dirt and finger nails (!!!) on the floor. I was on the first floor in supposedly a superior king size room (more like a cupboard). Apart from the dirt, the fride didn't work, the shower dripped, lamps didn't work, the carpet was sticky, the broken chair had disgusting stains on it, the exterior of the property is dirty and badly maintained and everything is old. As somebody else said I also noticed people sat on chair outside their rooms drinking. If I was with my family I would have moved immediately. Oh, and the wireless connection didn't work.

I would never stay here again. A disgrace to the Red Roof brand (I am currently sat in a nice Red Roof room in Baton Rouge).

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank FamilyGuyBmth
RRI_MGM_MNGT, General Manager at Quality Roof Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review, all feedback is important! I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. Please be assured that your experience does not show our best practices. All issues have been addressed and appropriate action has been taken to prevent furture occurences.

I hope you will consider giving Red Roof Inn Montgomery another chance when you are in the area, so we can show you our best practices.

Best Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Have stayed at many other Red Roof Inn's and never had a problem, the room's are always clean. Once we got into our room I noticed that the carpet looked very dirty and there was a strange odor in the air. My husband told me that it is just an older Red Roof Inn, and that was the end of it. I could not let my gut instinct do that. First thing that I did was check the sheets for bed bugs, and thankfully there was nothing. The sheets seemed cleaned, but had a funny smell. The bathroom was dirty, hair on the floor and in the bath tub. We went to go get a biet to eat and while I was out, stopped and picked up some lysol wipes. Just as I thought, when I was wiping everything down, the lysol wipes were very dirty. I was going to go to the front desk to complain, but there was a family there complaining about how dirty their room was too, so instead of chancing getting moved to another dirty room, we tried to find another hotel to stay at. Of course just our luck there was nothing available in a 20 mile radius. So we decided to stay the night. We were going to go and enjoy the pool. The water was so cloudy that you could not see your knees in the pool. We decided to get out before we caught something. Went back to our room, decided to take a shower. Walking barefoot to the shower was a mistake. As soon as I got into the tub and turned the water on, the water turned black. Needless to say that we did not get a good night sleep. As we were checking out in the morning, there was another person voicing their opinion also. I am glad to know that the whole place was dirty and it just was not me!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tysgto
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. It is our goal to provide EXCELLENT service to each guest, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your experience. Please be assured that I will share this with my team and ensure we resolve all issues.

Best Regards
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Old and worn out. Restless nights of sleep felt dirty and creepy from possible bed bugs. Sheets were not changed. Hair I guess from previous guest were throughout the sheets. The front desk clerk wanted me and my guest to use the elevator to get to the second floor where our room was located, I decided to take a tour around the grounds. OMG! The swimming pool was dirty and filthy. Full of dirty brown water. Housekeeping entered my room before I could check out, did not knock on door just entered and stated she thought the guest had checked out and it was only 10 o'clock am. The housekeeping lady waited outside the room until I was ready to check out. Never again. I am a regular at Redroof hotels and this place need to close its doors.2

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brandy68
Leesburg, ga
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel was clean, located in a nice area, the staff was very accomodating and friendly. It was generally the normal kind of hotel you find in that pricerange, good sized room, clean bedding and linens. Visitors were a little loud, two bus loads of some young adults stayed the second night and were a bit noisy outside and in the hallway. Breakfast was ok, just the basics, oh the coffee was horrible...sorry, but seriously they need to change brands.... Overall a relaxed atmosphere and decent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We would stay again at Red Roof Inn. The staff was kind. The rooms was clean. We sleep peaceful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nachee
Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I would like to say that I was very impressed with the quality and service of this hotel. I was traveling on business at the last minute, and Red Roof Inn was able to accommodate me. From the friendly hotel clerk and the other staff, I was happy with my stay. The rooms were clean and quiet. I will stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business