Tripadvisor
Montgomery
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews double tree underground parking cookies the hotel staff civil rights beautiful hotel enjoyed my stay breakfast buffet maxwell afb staff was friendly business trip beds were comfortable lobby capital memorial museum key
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have the most phenomenal trip ever...I was attending a celebration of life event over the weekend at this hotel, the Manager and his staff were very professional, the rooms were clean and cozy, and the breakfast was delicious.....Thank you for my 5 Star experience.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The room was nice, clean and accommodating. Hotel staff and restaurant staff were great. Do not order the “ribeye” from the restaurant for 35.00 because it was horrible tasting and looked more like a sirloin. We both ordered the ribeye and both were equally horrible. An unrelated guest sitting a few tables agreed that her “ribeye” tasted terrible and sent it back only to get the same steak a few minutes later. These all were inedible. We informed the server and she offered a complimentary breakfast for the next day ( which was very good) however no adjustment to the steak bill. Please beware of the “ribeye”

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019

I had hair in my shower, many in various locations, a sign to staff not paying attention to detail when having a room ready for someone to stay in. I notified the front desk and had a recording of the many pieces of hair in the shower. They sent someone to correct the problem.The rooms need to be refresh they are old. The room has an old smell. The furniture all of it need to be gone!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Dear Curtis J,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention so we could help make it right. We have discussed this with our staff, and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed December 16, 2019

The hotel was nice for the price. Finding the entrance was confusing to me because it just looked like windows. In-room dining was more than filling for the price...it’s in-room dining. Parking was fine, but I didn’t not move my car during the entire stay for fearing of parking in the back where it was very dark.

Reviewed December 13, 2019

Had a lovely stay at the DoubleTree during this business trip. it was in a very good location in the downtown area and not too far from the airport. the bed I slept in was much more comfortable than I'm used to it most of the hotels I've stayed at. I will definitely be coming by here again.