“Look elsewhere”

Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
new jersey
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

When you arrive you are greeted nicely and at first glance it looks like you are in a nice hotel. It was clean, almost spotless, nice bar area with an an on site resturant but as they say never judge a book by its cover.

The room was small, not overly confortable and the entire building shakes and echoes every time a vehicle comes in their parking lot all day and night. It sounded like someone was bowling in the room above me. The reponse at the front desk was, management is aware of that and they are trying to fix it. Well they are not in too hurry of a rush because I was told this has been a complaint for a very long time. I wanted to have dinner at the bar one night but the kitchen staff decided to show up 2 hours late and then spend the next 2 hours cleaning the kitchen, by the time it opened it was well past 8PM, not worth it. The bartender Tabitha was very nice and offered to buy a round of drinks but it was not her fault and she did everything possible. t will be interesting to see if management contacts me regarding the poor rating I left on the survey card.

Location of the hotel is nearer the governmental buildings rather than the downtown riverwalk region where the bars and resturants are, Montgomery is a ghost town at night in that area so if you wander the few blocks to the riverwalk area, dont do it alone.

I suggest to stay here only if it is your last resort. There is a Hampton, Embassy and the convention center hotel where there is more action and things to do steps from the hotel. It does seem that Hilton management has neglected the Doubletree brand nationwide.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, views are terrible and the sound from cars coming in and out of the parkin...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Good Evening,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. I have addressed our team in regards to your comments to ensure that the necessary actions are taken. We are aware of the parking structure noise and are working around the clock with the ownership and engineers to eliminate this noise. Our goal is to have a resolution as quickly as possible. I am aware of the restaurant experience encountered and I sincerely apologize for the delay. Unfortunately our required annual fire suppression inspection and cleaning went longer than the agency anticipated resulting in a delay. In addition, I want to thank you for the kind words you shared about Tabitha, she is an excellent member of our team. Again, we apologize for all of the inconvenience and we certainly hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Brian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sylacauga, Alabama
Reviewed March 26, 2014

As with most Double Trees, they took an old, tired property and made it like new. the room was very clean, although somewhat small. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the location was great for me since I had business downtown and could walk. it's a great addition to the downtown hotel choices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and we truly appreciate you staying with us. I have shared your comments with our team. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are always working towards providing the best experience possible.

Montgomery, AL, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

First - everyone in the hotel is friendly, so I expected a much better stay. To find that there is a gaping hole in the shower (looking right down at you) surprised me. With all the creepy stories of people hiding cameras, this didn't look right. This is supposed to be a new hotel? No way that this just happened and a maid doesn't notice this and report it. Then the mattresses on the beds didn't fit properly. There was a difference of 6-8 inches between the frame and the mattress, which caused me to keep smashing my shins into the corner of the bed. You think you are walking by and then you smash your leg into a frame that sticks out. Both beds were like this. Checkout is still ongoing, as I am trying to make sure that I don't get charged on both my Corporate Card (used in association with my Hilton Honors # to reserve the room) and then my personal card to pay for the room. Once it had been run, the (again very friendly) front desk person was overwhelmed by the concept of reversing the charge and then charging my personal account. So I had to wait for that charge to appear and immediately take care of it - 3 days after the stay when it cleared. Hilton and Doubletree are usually much better than this, so I was disappointed. Will stay elsewhere in Montgomery next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are very sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. I have personally addressed our Engineering team, Housekeeping team, and Guest Services team in regards to your comments to ensure that the necessary actions are taken. I can assure you that these issues are not typical at our hotel and we will resolve these issues immediately. Again, we apologize for all of the inconvenience and we certainly hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Atlanta
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Don't expect to get in and out of breakfast very fast. Service was poor. Food was not particularly good. Forget getting drinks from the vending machines on the hall. The hotel has a "store" off the lobby with highly inflated prices, and that's your only choice for snacks or drinks. The prices were high compared to competition, and I would only stay here again if nothing else was available.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are very sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. I have personally addressed our Food & Beverage team in regards to your comments to ensure that the necessary actions are taken. I can assure you that these issues are not typical at our hotel and we will resolve these issues immediately. Again, we apologize for all of the inconvenience and we certainly hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
montgomery, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

for the price of a night's stay this was a disappointment. the room was small, especially the bathroom, and I kept banging my leg on the bed moving around. no exceptional amenities offered. charged 4 star price for 2 star room. staff were friendly

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are very sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. I have personally addressed our team in regards to your comments to ensure that the necessary actions are taken. I can assure you that we will resolve these issues immediately. Again, we apologize for all of the inconvenience and we certainly hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were three travelers and enjoyed a suite with 2 queensize beds and a pull-out sofa, also queensize. Everything was perfect for us, we enjoyed the overnight stay very much. Internet was easily available, breakfast was plentiful and delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed the location and service in this hotel. Our bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was warm, friendly and professional. My only complaint was the in-room coffee. It was awful; tasted like the paper cup it was served in. What happened to the 4 cup Mr. Coffees?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple