“Nice budget hotel”

Home Towne Suites - Montgomery
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was the third Townplace we stayed in on our trip to Branson. We used Marriott points and all were good for a category 1 hotel. The room was clean and large. It's just off the interstate but, the traffic noise was not disturbing, There are plenty of restaurants nearby some close enough to walk to. The free breakfast was minimal and the dinning room too small to eat in so we ate by the pool. A nice place to spend the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SteveS1

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Room was filthy. Hair in bed, toilet nasty. Manager did his best but he had no other rooms. He even walked next door to see if they had a room. It was full. Otherwise it was ok but we couldn't stay this time.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Ajflyfish
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in April before Auburn's A-Day game. I must admit that my first impression wasn't exactly a good one. The exterior was no eye appeal whatsoever. There were also a bunch of shady characters hanging around the parking lot. Therefore, I greatly appreciated the controlled access door into the building. The hallways were extremely bland and aging.
All of that being said, I was extremely surprised when I opened the door to our room. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was extremely spacious and CLEAN! Everyone had their own room and own TV. It was great! The kitchen area has dated but the rest of the room was not. I am normally very leery of hotel bathrooms, especially at an extended stay hotel. However, ours proved to be very clean and functional. It was great having the sink/vanity separate from the shower. The carpet was clean along with furniture- no stains.
The hotel was located in a perfect location off 85 for an easy commute to Auburn. There were plenty of restaurants around to satisfy the needs of basically anyone. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with a family. We definitely enjoyed our stay once we got past the parking lot and hallways!

Room Tip: Go for the two room suites if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AuburnFan20
TownePlaceSuitesGM, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments as the new general manager here it is nice to know the items that my guests like and don't like about the property. We are working on some things that will work on the negatives ou mentioned. Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Montgomery and we look forward to seeing you for future games. Julie Ruud

Reviewed April 23, 2013

A good long-stay hotel on the cheap. Nothing fancy but that is typical of this brand. I look for cleanliness in these TownePlace Suites and I found this one to be pretty clean. The rate was good and fair for this area. The girls at the front desk were nice. I liked the area...close to restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BigDaveB10
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Upon arrival, I certainly did not feel welcome and more of a burden for being there. The room was okay, plenty of space, but seemed to be a little dated. Excellent air conditioning/heating system and a comfortable bed. Lots of noise can be heard from the other guests in the hotel. All the access controlled doors leading into the hotel did not work, and several questionable looking people hanging out around the parking lot at all hours of the night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MICHAEL S
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The desk clerk's attitude and her rude greeting left me wondering why in the world did I select this place. Needless to say, it was her and her alone because other employees seemed pleasant. The parking area in front of the hotel was rather tight for maneuvering.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Big_Globe_Traveler
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is off of I-85 at the big Exit 6, which is where we normally stop for gas and food.

I got a very good deal and cashed in some hotel points for a free two-room suite. We only spent one night there, and I'm glad that's all we had needed. The room we had was in desparate need of a remodel and deep cleaning. There were several years' worth of dust on the HVAC registers, the furniture looked old, the beds and pillows weren't very comformtable, the rugs were stained, some of the dishes and cups in the pantry were dirty, etc.

On the plus side, it's a convenient location, and even though the stove, over, and pots/pans were old and some were dirty, they still did the job and helped us have a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, bacon, milk, coffee, and juice in our room in the morning before we got back on the road. I made a run to the grocery store down the street the night before, and I threw the dirty plates, glasses and pans in the dishwasher just before we left. (Don't forget the tin foil to cover the pans and make clean-up easier!)

I would have been LIVID if I had paid for the room, but it met our purposes for the one night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family