“Not coming back until they renovate.”

Home Towne Suites - Montgomery
Ranked #51 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is off of I-85 at the big Exit 6, which is where we normally stop for gas and food.

I got a very good deal and cashed in some hotel points for a free two-room suite. We only spent one night there, and I'm glad that's all we had needed. The room we had was in desparate need of a remodel and deep cleaning. There were several years' worth of dust on the HVAC registers, the furniture looked old, the beds and pillows weren't very comformtable, the rugs were stained, some of the dishes and cups in the pantry were dirty, etc.

On the plus side, it's a convenient location, and even though the stove, over, and pots/pans were old and some were dirty, they still did the job and helped us have a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, bacon, milk, coffee, and juice in our room in the morning before we got back on the road. I made a run to the grocery store down the street the night before, and I threw the dirty plates, glasses and pans in the dishwasher just before we left. (Don't forget the tin foil to cover the pans and make clean-up easier!)

I would have been LIVID if I had paid for the room, but it met our purposes for the one night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Berentski

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Although the hotel is dated, it is clean. We travelled with our family of 5 and were able to get a two bedroom suite. It was perfect for our family. The full kitchen is an added bonus. Staff were great, accomodated our early check in request. Wood frame construction on building that we were staying in made for a little noise coming from the floor above, but it was not out of the ordinary. Bathroom was very small. Beds were VERY comfortable Breakfast was very basic (cereal, muffins, yogurt, juice) and you really need to grab and take back to your room, you cannot really eat in the lobby. Pool was clean although small.
If travelling to Montgomery, would stay there again for the value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Canadianfamilyeh
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Enroute back home and were planning just to sleep here and head back home and using points. Pleasant and efficient checkin, but then upon entering room, saw what definitely did not look like a queen bed, but were told it was. Extremely thin walls with television blaring in late afternoon and could only see that going on ALL NIGHT. No decent places nearby to eat. Slightly disreputable characters around the pool ....so just decided to leave early and forgo the points. Not up to the usual Marriott standards.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mon6654
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I were traveling with our 5 children to Disney World and chose this (midpoint) location to stay overnight since it would accommodate us all in one "suite". The employees we encountered at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We had a two bedroom suite which was dated and sorta dirty. The sofa and chair in the living area were nasty and the sofa bed had a sign on it stating it was not operational. The highlight of the room was the bed. The bed was very comfortable (soft). I'm not sure if it was because I had driven all day or if it was actually that comfortable. Overall, it was a good value for our family considering we all stayed for less than $120.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sanebrain
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I moved to this hotel after a really bad experience at the Residence Inn down the street (the Residence Inn clerk made the move for me). I was greeted by 2 staff as entered the registration area and this was despite the utter chaos of a group of out of control kids in the same location. This is my second stay at this property and as before, the desk staff is outstanding and genuinely make you feel at home. I requested a quiet room and the put m in a 2 BR suite on the same end of the building as the office. I went out to eat and when I came back, I remembered why I don't like that particular location in a TownePlace Suites. It is right next to the elevator and the stairway up to the floor and is extremely noisy. I called the front desk to see if another room was available and the desk clerk was again extremely pleasant (and you could still hear these out of control kids screaming). He changed my room and after he could gain some control of the lobby, he came and helped me move. That was after ensuring that the room would be quiet as possible given the number of kids who had parents who could not control them running around. Thank goodness, those kids must have finally passed out around 10PM because I slept like a baby until my alarm went off the next morning. When I checked out, the housekeeping staff and the desk clerk were extremely pleasant. This hotel is clean and comfy!

Room Tip: The location is a little dodgy (the entrance off of Charmichael road is a little difficult to find...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RocketCityStarbuck
TownePlaceSuitesGM, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites – Montgomery, AL for your recent lodging needs. I cannot express enough gratitude to you for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We make every attempt to ensure that our guests enjoy a pleasant and rewarding experience when staying at our property; and it is the invaluable insight delivered by our loyal guests, such as you, that make all the difference. I was delighted to share your comments with the entire staff, as well as the team member that assisted you that evening. I am truly sorry that your initial room location was in a noisy area, but I am thankful we were able to assign you to a quieter suite assignment. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in the Montgomery area, and I am confident we will continue to meet – and exceed your expectations.

Kindest Regards,

Joseph A. Holley

Reviewed November 29, 2011

First let me say I have not stayed in TownePlace in Montgomery, so I only gave a very good rating. What I'm basing my review on is the helpfulness of Jessica at the front desk. She was extremely kind and professional, and even made the promised follow up call today to see how our plans were going. I was very pleased with my first impression. I wanted to put in a good word for her.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GHSalumni
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I had some reward points to spend, but only a few so I went with the only option in my point range. BIG MISTAKE. The place looks decent from the outside, and I understand that this is mostly for people staying long term while working in town. Unfortunately, the service, the room, and the overall "hotel" was horrible. It started with the room. The carpet is run down, the beds suck, and the kitchen is about 2 decades past dated. That, we could deal with considering the room was on points. As the evening progressed, it got worse. When I was already wet in the shower, I realized I had two conditioners and not any shampoo in the shower. I called downstairs and had to wait on them to rummage around to find if they had any shampoo, and then had to traipse downstairs wet to get it myself. When I got downstairs, the key card lock on the lobby door didn't work so I had to bang on the door and wait for the "associate" to mosey over. I could get over these two things. What I could not get over was the next problem. After my shower, I had to kill a cockroach on the wall. When I called the front desk, they promised to take a note of it and then asked what size it was. I don't care what size the roach is, it was in my room on third floor and that is NOT the right response.

I have gotten my points back plus a little extra, so that is good management after the fact, but unless you absolutely have to stay here, do yourself a favor and go some place with less roaches.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
TownePlaceSuitesGM, Front Office Manager at Home Towne Suites - Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you again for choosing our TownePlace Suites – Montgomery, AL for your lodging needs in November 2011. As stated in our email communication, I am deeply saddened to learn that your recent visit with us was less than satisfactory. I was also extremely disappointed to learn that our responses to all of your concerns were inadequate. Though it is rare for our property, when insects are discovered in our guest suites, regardless of size, it is a big deal and we take such incidents very seriously. The comfort and satisfaction of all of our guests is incredibly important to us. Again, we have spoken with the associate, as well as all of our team members, concerning this matter and we will continue to diligently improve our inspection and detection efforts to prevent a repeat of this unfortunate incident.

I am happy that you did receive the Marriott Rewards points as requested and I hope that you will not lose faith in our TPS Brand. We sincerely appreciate your invaluable feedback as we continue to strive to provide a quality and consistent experience all of our guests expect when choosing to lodge with us.

I hope that you will have a wonderful Holiday Season and that you will one day give us a chance to serve you again whenever you return to the Montgomery area.

Warmest Regards,