“great hotel at a great price!!”
Review of The Alabama Hotel

The Alabama Hotel
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed August 2, 2013

the front desk staff are very nice and attentive. I had the jacuzzi suite and it was amazing. It was just as nice as these more expensive hotels, but for a better price. The room was clean and very spacious, it had a living room with a flat screen on the wall and another one in the bedroom. It is definitely one of the best hotels in Montgomery.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank sarah c
AlabamaHotel, Manager at The Alabama Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest, We are happy to know that you found value of your dollar you spent at Alabama Hotel.
We appreciate your business and looking forward to see you all back at Alabama Hotel. Believe Us, Our Sccess can not be spelled with out "U"

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The guy at the front desk named Joy was amazing! Our room was clean and so huge, it was like having two rooms. We had two flat screen tvs and an awesome jacuzzi! While in town, eating at the fried Tomato is a must!!! I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Erica T
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Right off the 85, it is a dream to come to this place after a long drive. Vin was amazingly friendly and very welcoming.. Room is big and you feel like you have space to put things and move around. A sitting area, a desk as well as the bed, very roomy for 2 people, I even thing the sofa is a sofa bed. I recommend this place for travellers :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Sabrina1176
Reviewed June 5, 2013

as a traveling contractor I have stayed at numerous hotels some good and some not so good. but I have never experienced such service and large rooms as I have at the Alabama Hotel Montgomery. the staff has accommodated me and every request that I have made helping me keep my business flowing by making copies of documents and fax is anything that I have asked I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be staying at this hotel everytime I'm in the Montgomery area

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank didyac
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel staff is extremely courteous and very professional. The rooms are large and clean. When you walk in you immediately feel like you're at home. The large suites give you room to move. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and none can compare to The Alabama Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank cadesdad44
Reviewed February 9, 2013

First I was double charged for the room, then the rep realized that he over charged me then gave me the double charged amount back in cash, he then tried to sell me the upgraded suite in a used car salesman manner. I was then called on the phone to tell me that they accidentally realized that they meant to keep the amount they gave me because they were t sure they charged me the right amount. Oh no it doesn't stop there, at 11 at night they banged on my door for a good 15 mins waking me out of my sleep to collect the amount they over charged me! Oh ya lets not forget the clogged tub I tried to take a shower in, the maintenance guy came with a dirty plunger and attempted to clear the tub (he didn't ) he left a large amount of residue(fecal matter) in the tub! 2 days later I checked my bank statements and yes in fact I was double charged for the room and still trying to resolve as we speak!!!! Never again!!!! SMH

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank eatgrits101
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Old buildings can be attractive if well maintained. The entrance to this hotel has a nice garden with a fountain and the appearance of a once well kept business. Upon entering the room, it had a "smell" that was not pleasant, the lighting was very poor, the coffee pot did not work, there was no clock, ironing board but no iron and the wi-fi was no good. Being a suite made it tolerable but definitely needs an upgrade! The continental breakfast was ok but the tables and the floor was dirty all the way to the front desk. It wasn't like they were over crowded..just a don't care attitude. The staff was nice and it was quiet and they even sent us a thank you note for staying there. It was bascially a place to spend the night ..no frills and reasonably priced. I just prefer a little more "class" than the basic motel 6 or 8.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business