“Great place to stay!”

Sonesta ES Suites Montgomery
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The staff delivers excellent customer service! Bridgette made sure our check in was perfect, Mildred greets every guest with a smile, Pat is the best breakfast attendant I've met and Gwen the GM is professional and on top of things. The rooms are attractive and clean, and the grounds are lush and well maintained. There is a great outdoor dining area with a big grill, tables and chairs right next to a large sports court and pool. Location is great for easy access on and off the Interstate. My elderly mother and I stayed there twice in the last 2 months and were extremely pleased with every aspect of our stay. This hotel has done a great job of hiring staff that appear to love their jobs and the customers they serve!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Gwen B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for the compliments on our property and our team!

Many of our guests love the option of using the outdoor living area when staying with us.

It is our goal to make every guest feel special with they stay with us. I am glad to hear that we succeeded.

Hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very comfortable and clean rooms. The rooms are equipped with a small kitchen and sitting area. The kitchen comes with the basic amenities (pots, pans, etc). Free popcorn, coffee and tea in the room. I really enjoy staying at this hotel when stopping through Montgomery. I have stayed at pretty much every hotel in that area (visiting the local casinos) and this is by far the best. The only problem is that it is typically booked...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of Residence Inn. We are glad that you were pleased with our accommodations.

Our rooms are about 50% larger than a typical hotel tell room which gives you room to spread out and be comfortable. The fully equipped kitchens are just another reason so many choose Residence Inn as their Home Away From Home.

Hope to see you again when you are in Montgomery.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Three friends and I recently stayed seven nights at this hotel for a church convention. The rooms were comfortable and had many of the amenities of home and are definitely appropriate for long term stays. This hotel is conveniently located, and we were able to travel to downtown Montgomery within fifteen minutes. The quality of the food at breakfast and the evening socials was great.

The staff is outstanding from the kitchen to the front desk. Everyone was extremely helpful. Any problems that we had were promptly handled.

Room Tip: Since the facility has no elevators, I recommend the bottom floor for those with limited mobility an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

It is the goal of our team that every guest feels as if Residence Inn is their home away from home! I am glad to hear that we were successful! Thank you for your kind comments on the service received from our staff. We are very proud of our team’s commitment to providing great service.
Should your travels bring you back to Montgomery, we would be honored to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a family vacation we decided to pick this location (both ways) due to the proximity of the location - halfway on a long drive with family. This property was recently renovated, and I tell you what spectacular!
Extremely modern, all of the necessary amenities and then some - fireplace, etc...

The staff was extremely helpful. An example - after our first stop there - our 4 year old realized that she left her favorite pillow and about a week later when we returned - there it was for us at check-in.

The breakfast was fantastic, who would have envisioned kimchee in Montgomery?

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Request the furthest away from interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Gwen B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn while in Montgomery. I am glad that you enjoyed our Asian Breakfast food options!

I know how frustrating the interstate noise can be! I am very sorry for this disruption. We do have white noise/sound machines at the front desk should you have this issue when at our property in the future. When making your next reservation with us, request a room away from the highway and we will make every effort to fulfill the request.

Hope to see you soon! Have a fun and safe summer!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We recently attended a wedding in Montgomery and stayed here for 5 nights. A number of the wedding guests stayed here as well. Our room was in building 2, lower floor and quiet. We talked to someone who stayed in building 7 and they said the freeway noise bothered them. We never felt unsafe. Most nights it was close to midnight when we returned to the hotel. All the staff we interacted with were friendly. We hope to come back in July for a veggie run.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!!

I am sorry your friends had a disruptive stay due to the interstate traffic. In the future should the noise become a distraction, we have white noise / sound machine’s available at the front desk. When making your reservation, please request a room away from the highway and we will make every effort to place you in a quieter area.

It is about time for that Veggie Run!! Hope you come back to stay with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The property was fine. A clean and comfortable room and pleasant front desk staff. I did think it was odd that I was required to sign a 'standard' form stating that I would not engage in drug use nor have a party on the property. I realised why later when I left to find a restaurant for dinner. The area at one time was probably nice, but it seemed rundown and not safe at night. Apparently, they have experienced criminal behaviour in the immediate area and for this reason only, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank SuzaniH

We are glad that you were pleased with your stay at Residence Inn.

Unfortunately, we have had to inform our weekend guest that we have a zero tolerance policy for parties or disruptive behavior. The signature on this document is a simply an acknowledgement of understanding of this policy. I apologize that this seemed odd or uncomfortable to you. We try our best to maintain an environment that is comfortable for everyone and have found this policy to be somewhat effective in doing so.

We have very few incidents that cause disruption and fortunately we have had little criminal activity in our area. We are diligent in making every effort to maintain the safety and security of our property.

Should your travels bring you back to the area, I invite you to stay with us again. Hopefully, I have cleared up any concerns that you had about our No Party Policy.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My one bedroom suite doubled as my office while traveling in Montgomery. I slept well and got a lot of work done. The location isn't great- the highway is loud and there isn't much nearby. I also didn't feel entirely safe with the outdoor entrances and no visible security cameras.
That said, I would absolutely stay here again. Having a full kitchen and an oven in this suite made it feel like home. Solid residence inn.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank LivesInHotels365

Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn while in Montgomery. We appreciate your candid review of our property!

Unfortunately the interstate noise can be very disruptive. We have white noise/ sound machines available at the front desk to help alleviate this distraction.

It is our goal to make Residence Inn your Home Away from Home. I am glad we were successful when you were with us!

Should your travels bring you back to Montgomery, we hope to see you again.