We stayed here July 4th and 5th 2013. Our visit was hastily planned as we were trying to escape floods in Panama City Beach, FL. Our return home took us north and Montgomery was a good stopping point. The booking agent accommodated us very quickly and provided excellent directions. We arrived a little after 10 at night and were shown to our room shortly thereafter.
The central lobby is gorgeous with waterfalls and lots of tropical foliage. The three elevators are very quick and have windows in each through which you can look out over the lobby and dining area.
We stayed on the top floor of this 8-story hotel. Our view provided us grand views of the old train station next door as well as the river, which was very high when we were there. The room was well-appointed, very clean and nicely arranged. We loved the high-definition televisions and appreciated the Keurig coffee makers. Our air conditioner didn't work as well as we would have liked, but it wasn't so bad as for us to request maintenance on it.
We also loved that the conceirge provided us with an code to access a snack machine located next to the elevators. Everything in it, from candy bars, chips, popcorn, sodas, juice, sports drinks, coffee, and candy was free. It was a wonderful benefit to staying here.
Everything on the complimentatry breakfast was delicious! There was lots of variety too! Toast, bagels, English muffins, pastries, four cereal options, fresh fruit, yogurt, biscuits, gravy, potatoes, bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, pancakes, French toast sticks and a made-to-order grill where omelettes, specialty eggs and other offerings were available. Drinks included sodas, four kinds of juice, milk, water and coffee - although it was a little weak.
The hotel was very busy while we were there, but the wait at the breakfast bar was minimal and plenty of tables were available as the staff was able to get the tables bussed very quickly. The dining area was very clean and well-maintained.
There is a resturant and bar onsite, but we didn't use either. I did, however, notice that both were well-kept and well-staffed. There are a lot of restuarants within walking distance. We ate at Wintzell's Oyster House located about a block away.
The indoor pool was a hit with our children. Plenty of towels were available as were chairs. The pool was clean and wasn't overly chlorinated. However, it was a bit cool even for July.
Every employee we encountered during our stay was very friendly and each inquired as to whether we were enjoying our stay. It appears they all care as to whether guests have a nice stay at this hotel.
I would definitley stay here should I be in Montgomery again and would certainly recommend it to any other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Montgomery - Hotel & Conference Center is located in historic downtown Montgomery, Alabama. The hotel offers the best stay of all Montgomery hotels, whether you're traveling on business or looking for a family vacation. The Embassy Suites Montgomery - Hotel & Conference Center combines our upscale full-service all-suite hotel with outstanding service and accommodations, with a convenient location right next to the city's historic Union Station and Montgomery Convention Center downtown. The hotel is just off of Interstate 65 and nine miles from the Montgomery Regional Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Montgomery
- Embassy Suites Hotel And Montgomery Conference Center
- Embassy Suites Montgomery Hotel
- Montgomery Embassy Suites