Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Shelbyville, United States
“Not up to par”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Bathroom toilet ran all night. Room next to mine was noisy with people all night. Ran out of hot water at 7AM. Towels didn't smell clean. Front desk was not too helpful. Slow check in as we waited for the front desk to show up. Room had a not so clean smell to it. Overall, not real impressed with this hotel. I had stayed there 3 times before and the last 2 were not real enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
TN
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Two friends and I take a "field trip" every year . Two of us retired from the Police Dept. and one from the Fire Dept. We always drive, and we always spend 2 nights. We have been to some great places! This year we decided to go to Montgomery AL. One of the guys had been stationed in the Air Force there, so he pretty much knew his way around. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center right downtown. What a great place to stay. Had a nice roomy suite on the 8th floor. It had 2 beds and a comfortable sofa bed. Two large TV's, refrig. microwave, and nice amenities. The breakfast was cooked to order and very good. From the front desk people when we arrived, to the people working in the breakfast dining room, everyone treated us like they had known us for years. We self parked across the street in a well lit parking lot only steps from the hotel. Montgomery was a nice city to visit. We ate some good "real" bar-b-que and did all the Hank Williams sites, The Confederate White House visit was really good, especially if you are a history buff of that period. Upon leaving, the hotel people asked us to "come back"! Now that's "southern hospitality". Our suite was spotless, and the hotel and grounds were in very good order. Would go again, today.

Room Tip: Just a tip. Montgomery still has parking meters downtown. If you go downtown to explore, take some c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
newville, al
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband stays here every week for business. He has stayed at other hotels in this area but likes this one the best by far. I joined him on this trip and we made a mini-vacay out of it. Complimentary drinks at the bar was a great welcome. Usually hotel lobbies do not have many people but this one was hustling and bustling. The mini river water feature that runs through the lobby was a nice back drop as we sipped on wine with friends. I wish they had a couple more people helping at the bar but then again it is free. We still managed to have three rounds of drinks in the 30 minutes we were there.

The staff is helpful all over the hotel. Rooms are clean with modern decor. I thought the bed was comfortable but I like a firm mattress. You could smell just a hint of bleach in the sheets, maybe I'm weird but I thought that was reassuring. ;-)
My only "complaint" which is very minor was the snack vending machine downstairs. Everything costs 1.25 but it won't take two dollars. Suddenly, I never wanted a bag of M&M's so bad in my life. So we had to go get change at the front desk. Not a big deal but just kind of an inconvenience at 1 in the morning. Minor, I know.

The hotel is in a great location. We live about two hours south of here and know Montgomery has its share of crime. But downtown feels very safe. Carriage rides with the clomping of a great Clydesdale, a bustling but relaxed bar scene, and many restaurants that offer modern and local favorites are all within walking distance. And when I say walking distance, I mean like one to two blocks away, very close. Some people who review hotels say things are within walking distance and they must be marathon runners or something.

Great stay and I feel revamped after our weekend getaway!

• Stayed April 2013
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great facility! Great Staff! I was greated and felt at home from the time I stepped on the front bricks from the Valets, through checkin, your cleaning staff, the breakfast staff, all the way through checkout. This is a wonderful HOME away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The only way this hotel is worth it is if the room is available at a discount. It is obvious that the heyday for this hotel was in the 80s. It was okay - I would consider it a nice motel, but if rooms are available across the street at the much nicer Renaissance for a similar price, I would book there instead. The Embassy Suites would have to be 20-30% cheaper than the Renaissance to be worth staying. The staff was pretty nice, though - but for that I wouldn't stay here at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rob A, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback. I thank you for selecting our hotel and truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the experience you had at our hotel. I totally regret that you found our hotel to be dated and in need of renovations. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you went through. Your business is and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night getting a great deal on Priceline. The room was fine, a king suite. Plenty of room, room was clean, and hotel was very quiet. Hotel stay included free buffet breakfast. For me, this was a great deal. I ordered 2 eggs fried over medium and a fresh waffle. Several other choices, including bacon and sausage, French toast sticks, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, yogurt, and fresh fruit. Several drink choices. I don't see how others call this subpar, especially when it's free! I would stay here anytime!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our first stay in Embassy Suites. The staff was very nice. Hotel very clean, great rooms. Breakfast was excellent. We were not aware ahead of time that it was included with our stay. It was a very nice surprise. We will definitely return. The pool and hot tub looked great, but we unfortunately did not have time to use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family