“Great downtown location”

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Jonesboro, AR USA
“Great downtown location”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This property is located in a great part of the town with access to the old train station and other downtown attractions. The room furnishings are a bit below other Embassy Suites I have visited but still adequate. The morning breakfast was great and omelet chef was first rate! The staff was friendly made me fell welcomed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Ardmore, Alabama
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Whether checking in quickly, cleaning off a table so we could have time for breakfast or helping with movie rental the entire staff handled all with care and a smile.

Enjoyed fresh fruit in the lobby, nice spot to have a piece of fruit. makes you feel like you are at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My self and my family often book at this hotel when I return home to visit. This past October I Checked in the Hotel was, from apperance, up to par. After settling into our room about 4pm my son came to me and stated that the bathroom toilet was leaking. Being the man I went in and check it out, thinking maybe he just overfilled the toilet, unfortunatly it was the water line coming into the toilet. I shut off the line placed all my towels on the floor to suck up the water and called the front desk to get someone up to repair it. Myself and my family left to visit friends and they said they would have it fixed and replace the towels in the room before we came back. We made it back to the hotel around 11pm local time and no work had been done. My wife called the front desk again and was rudely told that it was too late for the maintance to come and fix the problem that we would just have to wait and then had the nerve to hang up on her. She then Called the customer service # about the issue and they informed us that we would need to contact the hotel manager. We again tried the front desk and the same rude receptionist answered the phone and very rudley this time stated that the Manager was unavailble and that we would have to wait until the morning. The next morning around 10:00am, after not having anyone come to the room or call, my wife called the front desk again and spoke to the LaShun Johnson, the Front Office Manager, and she finally had the maintaince guy come up and repair the broken line, which took him all of 5 min. We checked out a couple of hours later and again spoke to Ms. Johnson and she apoligized and stated that because I had booked our stay online that they would not be able to discount the stay or refund any monies, that was fine we book at this hotel probalaly about 6 times a year. She then stated that she had my address and would send my family a gift card to make up for the inapproated service. We waited until the middle of November and still didn't receive a card, letter, phone call or anything. My wife decided to e-mail Hilton in reference to the incident and with-in a day received a response from Ms. Johnson, the Front Office Manager, stating "I would like to apologize to you about the incident that happened at our hotel. I truly apologize!

I will mail you your gift card as you were promised.

Sorry for any inconvenience."

It is now January and I've still not recived any other response from this issue, hinse the complaint on TripAdvisor. I have since been back to Montgomery on 3 seperate occasions and have refused to book at this hotel, simply due to the customer service. Over the last 8 years, since I have move away I have probalay spent upwards of $5000.00 at this hotel and am a proud HiltonHonors member but I'm pretty sure that as much as my family likes the accomidations, after this experience, I will never book at this Hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel has become our place to stop on the way to and from the gulf beaches. First, it's an Embassy Suites which means the complimentary manager's reception in the evening and cooked to order breakfast the next morning in addition to the standard two room suites. But this property is within walking distance of several restaurants, clubs and other attractions which makes it a great place to stretch your legs after a few hours in the car. The staff is great with many having been there for years. They will make you feel at home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 12/26...given the time of year it was not at all busy...few people overall. We very much enjoyed the Managers coctail hour...5:30 to 7:30 with unlimited drinks of your choice plus nice snacks...we also found that you can order a drink at the cocktail hour and take it in the cafe with you...very nice...we also had a nice dinner in the cafe with great service....then in the morning there was very nice breakfast with an omelette station included also. The room was very large with an extremely comfortable bed...room was very quiet also. Overall this was a great stay with a very accomodating staff. Can't go wrong. As if this was not enough we got an absolutely terrific deal on PriceLine for our stay.
The only negative comments were that the wifi was for a fee as was parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I like Embassy Suites and got a good rate. If I could give an extra half-star I would. Overall the hotel was nice, if slightly worn around the edges.

There were no sheets in our room for the pull out sofa so we had to call down. This was quite a wait late at night, but otherwise our room was nice. I think we were upgraded to larger a corner room. I met my cousin across the street at the Renaissance Hotel for a beer. It is a nicer hotel but of course the rates are higher! But it's a plus that it is there, since you can just cross over and enjoy their bars.

Embassy Suites generally has a nice breakfast. We stayed on a Saturday night and I called to confirm that the restaurant didn't stop serving on Sunday until 10:30 a.m. We went down at 10:10 a.m., and got our stuff. There was quite a wait for the omelets, but that was okay. My kids decided they wanted to go back for some yogurt and found that everything was shut down, even the drink machine. I checked my phone and the time was 10:32. We weren't the only ones still eating, either.

Just so the management will know, when a restaurant stops serving at 10:30, that means that people who walk in before that time are allowed to eat. So in fact the flow of food to those who arrive at that time isn't supposed to be cut off for 15 or 20 minutes, at least. For them to rush and switch off the drink machines at exactly 10:30 so that the diners already in the restaurant couldn't get a refill on their drink, and for them to immediately snatch up all the yogurt and other items is just ridiculous. So to anyone staying here, you will want to arrive at least 45 minutes if not an hour before they quit "serving" to eat breakfast, otherwise you may have to stop mid-meal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New England
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I travel for work a few times a year, and don't often get to stay at Embassys, since they aren't on my company's list of the "preferred" hotel chains. However, all the Embassys I have stayed at so far have been very nice, including this one.

The hotel staff was attentitve, the free breakfast buffet had a variety of choices, and the ground floor of the hotel was beautiful--I love the plants and waterfall. Embassy hotels tend to have the nicest ground floors out of any other hotel chain I've stayed in.

I do have to subtract a point for the fitness room. I like to run, and all three of the treadmills in the fitness room weren't working properly. The first one I tried had an incredibly loud screeching sound, and on the second, the button to increase the speed didn't work, so all you could do was walk at the slowest speed. On the third, the button to decrease the speed didn't work. I like to do interval training and had already increased to a full-out sprint before I found this out. Since there was no way to slow down, I had to stop the machine completely and then start it back up again.

I hope the Embassy can update the fitness room, because otherwise, this is a great hotel choice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business