“americas worst inn”

Ranked #61 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Newton, New Jersey
“americas worst inn”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since it was a Best western, and I must say i was not pleased. I checked in at night and I was swarmed by prostitutes asking me for money. The he/she at the front desk would not open the door for me and my daughter to check in inside. Finally after I get in the room, I have no towels and the rude clerk tells me very abruptly housekeeping is not available, there's nothing she can do. I asked for a manger and she said SHE was the manger!!!! So for future visits I will not go there and I don't suggest anyone else go either. The service is terrible, they make you wait outside at night to check in which made me very scared. Have a gun on you and bring your own towels because the front desk is not helpful when it comes to customers!

Room Tip: Don't check in at night!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank maria a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our room was worn, but clean. Comfortable and quiet. Desk clerk/manager was friendly and efficient. We have never been unhappy with this hotel, and we have stayed here several times in the past. Great location - only about three hours from Mobile. Breakfast is continental - muffins, waffles, etc. Could add decaf. and some sugar-free muffins or bread.

Room Tip: I would choose the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hbmari22
Moberly, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I just want to say that this hotel has come up a long way!!! there is security that i see on a non stop basis made me feel very safe. i got alot of sleep and well rested for my long trip the next morning the room was very clean and i was greatful for the help i recieved at check in and the hospitility was very warming for someone from out of town. i would gladly spend the night in this hotel again...... thanks americas best in for the great night stay i had in montgomery i will be see you all again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rita660
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a warning that this hotel is dangerous in that it is the habitue of drug users, recalcitrants, malingerers and low lifes.
Although I paid $55.00 for a room, the quality of this swine stop was equivalent to $25.00. I should have sensed the clues that there are wretched odors emanating from the hallways. Upon entering my room I smelled strong perfume which was used to cover up vomit and other fould smells.I asked for a change of rooms since the smells were so bad.
The smell of putrid Indian food can also be sniffed in the hallways.

The room to which I changed did not have any particular odoriferous smells, but like the first room, the windows were cracked and were made of cheap glass through which freeway traffic could be easily heard.
Each time a resident open or closed a door, the harsh clamor of the heavy door could be heard in my room. It wa a loud and jarring noise, so unless one is a deep sleeper, be prepared. But the drug users next door parties until 5 a.m. I called the front desk once at 3 am to complain of noise and the banging of the door. Several local low life women entered and exited all night. The desk said they'd warn the druggies. But to no avail. I called again at 5 a.m. This didn't help bugt only angered the druggies. they intentionally slammed the front door, trying to annoy me. I told the front desk I'd call the police if this wasn't corrected.
Bed prepared to deal with this hovel in Montgomery. Idea: Sleep in your car rather than stay here.

Room Tip: Be armed and prepared to defend yourself.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Johnmuirguy
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed at the Americas Best Inn in montgomery, al and I was very pleased. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. My mother is handicapped and they were able to get us food brought to us courtesy of the hotel.( but we paid). This hotel is not to be confused with the other roach motels around it , there were no prostitutes, drug activity at the hotel whatsoever, I will be going back every visit!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank olu s
Kentucky
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Got a room at this place on trip to Florida, near interstate, just to sleep, and resume trip, as weather was bad: snow. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor before making my reservations. All reviews can be accurate judged by my stay. If all you want is a place to sleep overnight...this motel is ok. First thing I checked for, was bed bugs...there were none at the time I stayed. One of the bad things about a VERY low cost hotel/motel. The resturant at the T/A across the street was very good...even stopped there to eat on the way back. One thing, a sign of the times I reckon, I did NOT feel safe, and secure at this motel...but truthfully, bedbugs, security can be questioned at most any place nowadays. In my opinion, at this time, this is a one/two star at the most...do not expect more.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Commerce, MI
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Needed a cheap motel on the way to Florida. Checked in late around 10pm and just wanted to go to bed. With two arms full of luggage and junk, the key doesn't work in the door!! Walk all the way down to get someone. That gets fixed, we walk in the room, The ceiling is falling in over top the bed and the smoke detector batteries are dead and beeping. So we were switched rooms. Our new room smells like a musty 80 year old vacant house. Our sheets were never changed because there is a ciggerette hole that goes through the comforter down to the mattress. Hair all over the bathroom. No coffee pot but there is a moldy fridge and microwave. TV Does not work. Internet Barely Works. Windows Curtains are being held up by Paperclips. In addition to their being someone I suspect selling crack outside my door. DON'T stay here!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family