“Warning. You May Be Subjected to Violence.”

America's Best Inn Montgomery
America's Best Inn Montgomery
Ranked #58 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Long Beach, California
“Warning. You May Be Subjected to Violence.”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is a warning that this hotel is dangerous in that it is the habitue of drug users, recalcitrants, malingerers and low lifes.
Although I paid $55.00 for a room, the quality of this swine stop was equivalent to $25.00. I should have sensed the clues that there are wretched odors emanating from the hallways. Upon entering my room I smelled strong perfume which was used to cover up vomit and other fould smells.I asked for a change of rooms since the smells were so bad.
The smell of putrid Indian food can also be sniffed in the hallways.

The room to which I changed did not have any particular odoriferous smells, but like the first room, the windows were cracked and were made of cheap glass through which freeway traffic could be easily heard.
Each time a resident open or closed a door, the harsh clamor of the heavy door could be heard in my room. It wa a loud and jarring noise, so unless one is a deep sleeper, be prepared. But the drug users next door parties until 5 a.m. I called the front desk once at 3 am to complain of noise and the banging of the door. Several local low life women entered and exited all night. The desk said they'd warn the druggies. But to no avail. I called again at 5 a.m. This didn't help bugt only angered the druggies. they intentionally slammed the front door, trying to annoy me. I told the front desk I'd call the police if this wasn't corrected.
Bed prepared to deal with this hovel in Montgomery. Idea: Sleep in your car rather than stay here.

Room Tip: Be armed and prepared to defend yourself.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Johnmuirguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed at the Americas Best Inn in montgomery, al and I was very pleased. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. My mother is handicapped and they were able to get us food brought to us courtesy of the hotel.( but we paid). This hotel is not to be confused with the other roach motels around it , there were no prostitutes, drug activity at the hotel whatsoever, I will be going back every visit!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank olu s
Kentucky
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Got a room at this place on trip to Florida, near interstate, just to sleep, and resume trip, as weather was bad: snow. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor before making my reservations. All reviews can be accurate judged by my stay. If all you want is a place to sleep overnight...this motel is ok. First thing I checked for, was bed bugs...there were none at the time I stayed. One of the bad things about a VERY low cost hotel/motel. The resturant at the T/A across the street was very good...even stopped there to eat on the way back. One thing, a sign of the times I reckon, I did NOT feel safe, and secure at this motel...but truthfully, bedbugs, security can be questioned at most any place nowadays. In my opinion, at this time, this is a one/two star at the most...do not expect more.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Commerce, MI
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Needed a cheap motel on the way to Florida. Checked in late around 10pm and just wanted to go to bed. With two arms full of luggage and junk, the key doesn't work in the door!! Walk all the way down to get someone. That gets fixed, we walk in the room, The ceiling is falling in over top the bed and the smoke detector batteries are dead and beeping. So we were switched rooms. Our new room smells like a musty 80 year old vacant house. Our sheets were never changed because there is a ciggerette hole that goes through the comforter down to the mattress. Hair all over the bathroom. No coffee pot but there is a moldy fridge and microwave. TV Does not work. Internet Barely Works. Windows Curtains are being held up by Paperclips. In addition to their being someone I suspect selling crack outside my door. DON'T stay here!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kristina3150
alabama
Reviewed July 20, 2009

when i reached to AMERICA'S BEST INN i was so tired by driving long in summer hot bt i got surpriese when i got gd room in great price. i thought there must be something wrong with the rooms bt i was wrong , everything was good and clean. fridge, a/c, m.w., t.v., telephone everything gd and clean, thebed was also very comfy. frontdesk was also friendly. furthermore it has got the best location for food lovers , the numbers of rest

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank leotheking
Montgomery Alabma
Reviewed April 11, 2008

like a few other people who wrote reviews about this particular hotel, it started because I was diverted from my original choice. Make no mistake.... The hotel in witch my mother stayed was a BiOHAZARD and ridiculously dangerous.

Problem 1: The room itself was disgusting. (Human Blood Stains Under The Mattress)

Problem 2: Horrible maintenance (Exposed Electrical Wires Behind The Bed)

Problem 3: The telephone required McGuiver like skills to use. (In order to use the phone, You must Connect Two Wires Together And Prey)

Problem 4: The television was unwatchable because of extreme static. (Poor Cable Installation)

Problem 5: False advertising. (When i Got Her Connected To The Internet.... The Manager Blocked Access and said (No Access For Weekly Stayers)

Problem 6: Rude and uninterpretable staff and management.

Problem 7: The hotel was simply dangerous. (Especially Without A Phone To Call 911 On)

Problem 8: Whilst vacuuming, i pushed a chair out of the way in order to clean behind it and found a container that had an inscription that said "I do bad Things". In this container was a large amount of marijuana and crack cocaine. (I was going to call The Cops But I Didn't feel Like "Hacking The Phone" So I Just Flushed It(See Problem 3)After that i was forced to move her into a better hotel)

Problem 9: It's bad when theres not enough room to list ALL of the problems about something even on paperless digital media.

Save your self and STEER CLEAR of this hotel!!!

• Liked — Packing my mom's crap and putting it in the truck and driving off!!
  • Disliked — Having to stay there at night to because she didn't know how to use a gun. Yes... It was that dangerous.
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank UltraNerdyHackerGuy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I was a little scared at first when my company booked me at this hotel, but was surprised to find this one star hotel rates more like a two star. The room rate is affordable and the service from the staff is prompt and courtious. There is a hot breakfast (waffles and toast) with coffee available all day and wireless internet (54Mbs) throughout the hotel. They do mix smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floors so you will get some smoke smell in the hallway but the rooms seem to be pretty smoke free. One thing they could do better is to replace the mattresses with more comfortable ones - I could feel the springs through the mattress pad. Overall the room, hotel, and service was more than I expected.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business