“Serenity and Comfort in the Deep South”
Review of Red Bluff Cottage

Red Bluff Cottage
Ranked #2 of 4 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have had the pleasure to spend 4 nights at the Red Bluff Cottage. The B&B is lovelier in person then the photos on their website. It is beautifully and comfortably appointed and there is MUCH attention to detail. It is also immaculately clean.The bed, the sheeting and the furniture in my room was SO comfortable that I never wanted to leave. The front porch is perfect for a lazy afternoon of reading or napping. Breakfasts were delicious and abundant and there were snacks of all sorts, tea and coffee provided throughout the day. The innkeepers, Bonnie and Barry, were gracious and accommodating and wonderful hosts. The location of this property could not possibly be better for seeing the sights this lovely Southern town. I will certainly stay at the Red Bluff Cottage the next time I visit Montgomery

Room Tip: If you want GREAT authentic soul food then you MUST go to Mrs. B's on Maxwell Blvd. It's onl...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 2, 2012

During our first ever trip through Alabama, we stayed with Bonnie and Barry at the Red Bluff Cottage during our time in Montgomery. Honestly, I could not have been more impressed with both the city and our lodging for the night! The cottage itself is beautiful and impeccably maintained, the pancake breakfast was scrumptious, and the conversation with our hosts and the other travelers staying at the cottage was thoroughly enjoyable. The cottage is easily within walking distance of the riverfront area and a very short drive (probably about one mile) from the capitol and other notable sites downtown. Very highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Me and my girlfriend spent two nights in this lovely B&B. The house is charming, full of things to make you feel like at home (southern home). The same for the hospitality.. Bonnie and Barry are so nice and helpful. We had a wonderful breakfast, with great quality dishes made with passion (and creativity too) and very appreciated conversations with the owners. We are italians and talking about local things with local people is always one of the most important things u can get on holiday!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My cousin and I spent one night in Montgomery and wanted some southern hospitality. Bonnie & Barry made us feel right at home. The room was comfortable, the grounds were beautiful, and breakfast was Out of This World. We spent the evening under the gazebo and had our morning coffee on the big porch. I would recommend this as a must stay in Montgomery! marykay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We had a lovely stay at this B&B on our trip to Montgomery. Barry and Bonnie were excellent hosts and made us feel right at home. It's in a great location - walking distance from sites and easy to reach from the highway.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I just made our third trip to Red Bluff Cottage and we're already booked for our fourth stay. The rooms are immaculate and the whole experience is so quiet and relaxing. You can't find more genuine and warm people than Boniie and Barry. I'd recommend Red Bluff to anyone.

Dan Anderson

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was our very first ever experience staying at a Bed & Breakfast. I must say that it was a "fabulous" experience. Connie and I were most impressed with the hospitality of our hosts Barry and Bonnie who greeted us warmly and immediately made us feel like close family. We were given a tour of their home and shown where everything was and how to use everything. Our room was beautiful, exceptionally clean, furnished impecably and was warm and inviting.
I was asked what I'd like for breakfast and was offered multiple gourmet possibilities. Breakfast was visually appealing as well as really delicious. The gourmet Belgian pecan waffles with strawberries, and blueberries that I opted for were outstanding. I had a hard time deciding which of 4 different juices to try. Our hostess Bonnie came and shared conversation with us during breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed. I don't know if Connie and I will ever stay in another hotel. We will definately stay here again. I highly recommend the Red Bluff Cottage in Montgomery Alabama. My wife's sister and her husband have now stayed there on 3 occasions and are already planning on coming back in August. Now that's a testimonial.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms to pick from all beautiful. We slept in the "Rose Room". The rooms all h...