“My home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 3 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Carbon Hill, Alabama
“My home away from home”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My Husband and I recently stayed at the Red Bluff Cottage Bed and Breakfast in Montgomery Alabama. Bonnie and Barry welcome us into their home and made us feel like we were family. Just outside our room was a frig with cold sodas and waters, mints and snacks. Our room was filled with unique antiques and was very comfortable. We had everything we needed and more. Everything was clean and comfortable. Our room was filled with many extras like soft thick bath robes, q-tips in a jar (just like at home) and interesting books to read. We woke up to coffee brewing in the hallway. We took our drinks to the front porch and relaxed in the rocking chairs, enjoying the view of downtown Montgomery. Then we were called to the breakfast table that was decorated like a thanksgiving dinner table. We were served a multiple course, five star resort breakfast. We enjoyed the company of Bonnie and Barry and two other couples that were staying at the B&B. We were pampered. Bonnie and Barry made us feel like family, we will be back for another visit. Sharon and Tim T.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tuscaloosa Alabama
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our weekend at the Red Bluff Cottage. The cottage was beautifully decorated and the bed in the Rose Room was very comfortable. We couldn't have asked for better hospitality. We were just sorry that it was a busy weekend for us (Auburn to a football game and to a play on Sunday) and didn't have an opportunity to relax and enjoy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Grayling, Michigan
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Bonnie and Barry Ponstein,

Thank you so much for a friendly, hospitable stay at Red Bluff Cottage. Such a homey, comfortable place was a welcome respite from "motel living." And your food was great, too! It was our first experience with a B. and B. and judging from your place, we will surely remember yours, and likely try others.

We really were impressed with Montgomery, too. It seemed a very welcoming city. The state government buildings with all their dominant white facades were beautiful. Best regards,

Rick and Karyn Schafer
Grayling, Michigan

Room Tip: Pick any room you wish -- they are all clean, tastefully furnished and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at Red Bluff Cottage for 2 nights as part of our road trip through the south of the US. Bonnie and Barry were amazing hosts, who went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Barry gave us great recommendations for local restaurants, dropped us off and picked us up after dinner!!!, and Bonnie's breakfasts were absolutely delicious! Their B&B is very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and there was even an array of tasty treats around the house for us to enjoy. Probably my favourite thing was sitting with Bonnie and Barry and talking about anything and everything. They are just really neat people. Overall, I completely recommend this B&B for anyone travelling to Montgomery - you won't regret staying there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Nancy, France
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed only one night in this very nice place.
We have been very well welcome by Bonnie & Barry who were really nice and also let us a lot of privacy.
The room was very nice, clean and the bed was just great! (very comfy!)
A lot of space to chill in the house (front porche, living room, parlour).
We enjoyed Bonnie's home-made cuisine for breakfast and it was a good opportunity to meet the other guests who were very friendly.
We definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pierre M
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We chose to stay in Montgomery as an impulse on our way to New Orleans for the weekend. The Red Bluff Cottage was our first experience with a B&B, and what a great one at that! Barry greeted us and showed us our room. We were impressed by how clean and welcoming everything was, enjoyed playing the board games and sitting out on the huge porch, and devoured Barry's yogurt and waffles at breakfast! The thing that really sold me on this place was after we left, we realized I had left one of my favourite sweaters in the room. Barry called and told me he had it and worked with us to get my sweater back to me! Next time we are in montgomery, we will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eaccipi
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had such a fantsatic time staying at the Red Bluff Cottage. I was in town for a conference and happen to stumble upon this B&B while searching for hotels near the conference center. I'm so happy I found this place. The rooms were beautifully decorated and so cozy. It was nice to have a friendly face to greet you each day as opposed to a hotel where you can come and go without being acknowledged.

Bonnie and Barry go the extra mile to ensure your stay is restful and enjoyable. They even went so far as to drive me to the convention center each day. Breakfast each morning was a real treat. Absoulutely delicious!

I will definitely be staying again if my travels take me to Montgomery. Thanks again Bonnie and Barry!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business