The Lattice Inn
  • Restaurant
$64
$149
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery(Montgomery)
$160
All reviewsgarden districtmagnolia roomclaw foot tubapple tvbanana nut breadcheese gritslittle touchesbreakfast was deliciousbreakfast tablesouthern hospitalitylovely homedeep southsouthern statesseparate showernew orleansstayed here for two nightsroad trip
Reviewed March 30, 2011

While beautifully furnished, The Lattice Inn was a comfortable place to relax after a day of touring historic sites in Montgomery. Jim's attention to detail was amazing -- he anticipated every need for a coffee refill at breakfast or a bedtime snack. Two newspapers awaited us at the breakfast table each morning. Our Magnolia room was large and comfortable, yet reasonably price (even without the 15% birthday month discount). Room had microwave and fridge with Coke and bottled water. We did not try pool or hot tub. Would definitely stay there again. Highest recommendation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I visited Montgomery for the first time and had a room booked for us at the Lattice Inn. What a treat! The historic home is immaculately clean and bed was very comfortable. Free Wi-Fi and Apple TV were available as well as a small DVD library to choose from. The owner/host was very attentive (but not overbearing) and provided us with maps, advice, and special treats during our stay. The backyard behind the B&B felt like a private oasis--complete with pool, deck, and hot tub--something you wouldn't expect to be tucked away there! There is a neat neighborhood nearby with a historic art house movie theatre, restaurants, and a couple of boutique shops and it's a quick drive from downtown museums/historic sights. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I have been to the Lattice Inn several times to visit the owner but this was our first time to stay there overnight. From the personal welcome spelled out with Scrabble letters to treats in the room, and the morning breakfast, everything was just about perfect.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2011

LIke all the other travelers who have left a review of the Lattice Inn here, I too had a very thoroughly positive experience. Two days before I was to arrive (from New Orleans), Inn owner Jim emailed me to warn me that bad weather was on the way, and that I should use great caution when driving as the Deep South is not used to wintry weather (snow, ice). As the time neared for my trip, Jim sent me several updates on the Montgomery weather situation. As it turned out, the storm passed by to the north, and I was able to get to the Lattice Inn without drama, but Jim's weather updates gave me some peace of mind as I was driving.

When I arrived in Montgomery, I was further impressed with just how cozy, clean and charming the Lattice Inn is and just how warm and welcoming both Jim and Brian immediately were. Jim made sure I knew some good dinner options, and Brian even escorted me to the local YMCA so I could get a workout in (as his guest).

The NCAA national championship game featuring local team Auburn was on the tube that night and Jim and Brian invited me to watch it with them. In decades of traveling, I have never met innkeepers who are as outgoing and friendly as JIm and Brian.

My room was spacious, I got a great night sleep in the King bed, and breakfast was much more than ample. I cannot think of a single negative or non-glowing thing to stay.

Their two cats are adorable too.

If you are traveling to Montgomery, I definitely suggest you check out the Civil Rights Memorial and Museum of the Southern Poverty Law Center...and I most definitely suggest that you stay at the Lattice Inn!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The innkeeper was very nice and friendly. The room was perfect. Great location and lovely neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple