“Good food-Old smell”

Ranked #98 of 556 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food is the gem here. The seafood tastes great and comes out quickly plus the service was wonderful. But you just have to get past the old fried food smell. Worth a visit though

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (93)

Reviewed July 20, 2019

I’ve frequently visited over the years and notified that since it’s opening they have declined a lot. Tonight my coconut shrimp was fried to much and my okra tasted uncooked . Not to mention this shrimp selection has not flavor and doesn’t compliment the dip that is paired with it. I’ve sat here 20 min and my server hasn’t asked me if I want a refill once.

Date of visit: July 2019
Caitlin C, Public Relations Manager at Shrimp Basket, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Hi Jessica, thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with us. We are sorry to learn that the meals were not up to our standards and assure you this is not typical. We hope that you will give us a second chance to impress you!

Reviewed June 9, 2019

I recently visited the shrimp basket location in Montgomery Alabama on Friday, June 7, 2019 @6:35pm. I was very disappointed in my meals. I called my order in the guy who took my order told me 10-15 mins I arrived 10 min earlier waited additional 15 min order still not ready. When I got it ( mind you I only live 5 minutes away). The food was not only cold,soggy as if it had been sittings up or previously cooked. Please donot forget salty! Times are hard enough to just throw away money on food that you can’t eat and that was $29 I spent for a seafood platter and catfish basket NEITHER was able to eat. I tried calling back to the establishment no answer! I would NEVER go back here or recommend this place to NO ONE!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 1, 2019

This was the friendliest place I have eaten in the Montgomery area. Saying "Hey" to you as soon as you walk in the door. Our server was very attentive, and the food came out so hot. That does not happen often. Loved it!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank tammysj2017
Caitlin C, Public Relations Manager at Shrimp Basket, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for leaving us a great review. We hope to see you back in again soon, Tammy!

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I was in Montgomery Alabama visiting a friend and was looking for some tin fishy so we went to the Shrimp Basket for take out. It was great.

Date of visit: April 2019