“Average hotel, Good location, Great staff”

Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel after a day at Auburn University's A-Day football game. The location is not far from Auburn and was the closest hotel available. I reserved online and followed up with an email which requested a "lake" view room as suggested as a room tip by another contributor to TripAdvisor saying it was quieter. After a lighting quick (and friendly) check in we got to the room but instead of overlooking a lake it overlooked a stripmall across the street. We were so tired from a long day I didn't bother checking for another room. We opted for the one bedroom style suite which was nice but much smaller than other one bedroom suites we have stayed in. The room was clean with a full size fridge, small cook top and microwave in the kitchen. We needed ice and I was surprised the only available ice machine was down in the lobby in the food service area. The fridge has an icemaker but it is emptied between guests and takes time to fill. The extra sheets for the sofa bed were missing pillow cases and I was disappointed in how thin the mattress was but my kids did not seem to mind. I noticed why the tip was given to request a lake view room as I could here traffic on the interstate at night though it wasn't that loud. I could also hear the people in the neighboring room talking so I don't think the walls have much insulation. They offer a complimentary breakfast and have a small eating area inside. There is space to eat outside and it was very nice with a fireplace and multiple tables and chairs. The staff was extremely friendly and professional and kept the breakfast offerings well stocked. Overall this hotel was nice but I expected more with such a high ranking on TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the back of the hotel, it may be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Boudreaux519
eastchasehotel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Boudreaux 519,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites for your lodging needs and for taking the time to review our hotel.
Please accept my sincere apology for not honoring your request for a “Lake View” room and for failing short of your expectations.
Please be assured that I have addressed your concern with my team and that we will do whatever is necessary to prevent a repeat of your experience.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This property is located in a nice area with lots of restaurants and shopping. The property itself was wonderful. The pool area was very nice. There is an outdoor eating area and a beautiful outdoor fireplace. The property also has a basketball (half) court. Our room was a suite and had a stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. It was clean. No complaints!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
eastchasehotel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Sawtom,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites EastChase for your lodging needs, and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to have you as our guest, and appreciate your positive feedback of our hotel and location.
Please come back again the next time you are in Montgomery, Alabama.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We utilized recommendations on TripAdvisor to select our hotel in Montgomery and the Staybridge Suites met our expectations. The rooms were very roomy and clean. There were many amenities available, such as a nice pool, fitness room and beautiful and comfortable lobby. Also, the outside patio was very relaxing and the entire grounds nicely landscaped.

The breakfast was everything you could ask for and there was plenty of room to sit at a table in the very nice dining area.

We also liked the location. We had not been to Montgomery in many years and wanted to visit Jasmine Hill Gardens, which is only open on the weekends. This hotel was convenient to that and we only had a short 9 mile drive up to the gardens, which were absolutely spectacular, even better than Bellingrath Gardens we thought. There are several nice restaurants located near the hotel.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Since we were here on Easter we were able to find a nice church nearby to attend services.

The location, the grounds, the rooms--can't imagine a better hotel value in Montgomery. We would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: When making reservations request a room that provides a view of the patio and lake. It is very nice...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
eastchasehotel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear XC Skier 69,
Thank you for your recent stay at our Montgomery EastChase Staybridge Suites, and for an excellent feedback. We are so pleased to have met your expectations, and appreciate your positive review.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Montgomery, Alabama.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our first ever stay at a Staybridge and it will certainly not be our last if they are all like this. Our check in and check out were smooth and speedy by cheerful friendly staff who were so nice. The hotel, public areas, hallways, lift and rooms were spotless. We had a smoking room and there was no odour of smoking at all - well done to the housekeeping staff. (Also well done to the hotel for catering to smokers). We had a lovely breakfast and were helped by the lovliest lady called Nancy. If only I could have packed her in my suitcase and brought her home with me - she is so nice. We chatted to the Manager at breakfast, who took the time to see if everything was all right with his guests. The thing about this place is thet we felt wecome and valued. The staff are amongst the best I have ever come across. The chain that owns this hotel should be proud of the excellent job that is being done there. Thank you - I will certainly be back when ever in the vicinity.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kwaitang,
Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites EastChase for your lodging needs, and for an amazing feedback. We are so pleased to hear that our team made your stay a memorable experience. I will definitely share your wonderful review with the team. We will be looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband's family live in Montgomery so when we plan family trips it always includes a stay at the Staybridge Suites. We can depend on a clean facility and warm, friendly staff. We recently stayed and requested an early check in because we had to attend a funeral. The staff tried to get us in as early as possible. We had to change in the lobby bathroom (very clean), but our room was ready prior to our departure and we were able to quickly unpack and get situated in our room. We realize it is not easy to accommodate an early arrival on a busy day, so we greatly appreciated their effort! The hotel is in a great and safe location of Montgomery. Great shopping essentially within walking distance, and a variety of restaurants. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
eastchasehotel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Jessica M,

I am so sorry your most recent visit to Montgomery was due to a sad occasion.Thank you very much for your kind review and for staying with us. Our team will be honored to hear your compliments regarding cleanliness and friendliness. We are really looking forward to having you again as our guest, hopefully under happier circumstances.

Respectfully,
Michael C. Modozie, Regional Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The appearance is nice. The people on the staff are very friendly. The room (a King bed) was larger than most chain hotel rooms.
However, when I went to get a glass, I noticed the warning sign that said the dishes had been washed but not sanitized. I've seen how some high volume places "wash" dishes and glasses, so this concerned me. I decided to take my medicine with water from my water bottle. Though this is a small inconvenience, it was disconcerting enough to me that I stayed in another hotel on my journey back through Montgomery.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
eastchasehotel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Hutchvol,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I agree 100% that the small sign, which is required by the Montgomery County Health Department for all hotels with kitchens, is disconcerting. They require the sign because, although the dishes are thoroughly washed in the suite GE dishwasher (each suite has a full refrigerator, stove top, microwave and dishwasher) the Health Department just wants to remind people that the dishes are not surgically sanitized. We also provide dish soap at the kitchen sink for guests who would like to re-wash cups or plates before use. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to explain this Health Department requirement, and for staying with us. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Michael C. Modozie, Regional Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having been in and around the hotel business for about 4 decades, I've seen few hotels that could compete with Staybridge Suites and Alabama has two of the best. I spend several nights a year in Montgomery and this is the greatest hotel there. Gracious staff, wonderul property, excellent service, and smiles all around. Thanks, Staybridge Montgomery, every night there is truly a reward!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank battleship60
eastchasehotel, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Battleship 60,
Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites EastChase as your “Home Away From Home” and for such remarkable feedback. Your review has both inspired and challenged our team to work harder because we do not want to let you down. We are very grateful for your feedback and will be looking forward to your return in the near future.