“What a find on the east side of Montgomery!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Even though the hotel was under renovation, the friendly and well-trained staff, extremely clean room, comfortable bed and yummy linens made this a "must stay" hotel when I'm in Montgomery for business in the future. The front desk staff saw my frustration after I had been turned away by four other places and booked me quickly into a larger room at the standard rate because that was all they had left. (I won't expect that always, but it was a great accommodation to my nonprofit budget.) I was given a wonderful recommendation to a local restaurant within walking distance - The Pub - where I found their rave reports held up in actuality. The hot complimentary breakfast was well done. If your travels take you to Montgomery, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. You won't be disappointed - and the renovations to the public areas will be finished soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Brenda H,

Thank you for allowing us to serve as your host while visiting Montgomery. It was truly our pleasure. We will be completing renovations soon and would love for you to stop in and see our new and exciting changes. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

First I would like to say that Brady was so helpful when we were checking in. We choose this hotel because of the easy and nice location and off the interstate and we had just driven 12 hours that day and could go no further. The hotel was under renovations and had some remodel boards up in the lobby showing the redesign. Brady mentioned that they were still doing some work and to be aware of the signs that were up where they painted, etc. After we got up to our room the beds were so comfortable! The AC was adjustable and we kept it on the chilly side ;-) We had a great night sleep after a long day of traveling many many hours. We decided to have their complementary breakfast. It was your typical simple buffet. There were apples, bananas, coffee, teas, juices, milk, a variety of breads, biscuits and gravy, bacon , eggs, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and even a pancake maker.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have tubs so you should ask at check in if you are wanting one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear This Florida Family,

It was our pleasure to serve you and I am very happy you enjoyed our amenities. We are completing our renovations and we hope you stop in to see all of our new changes. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I very highly recommend this hotel. thank you Room was very well laid out. Excellent location next to service station , walmart, place to shop, next major highway, excellent security door lock to outside.

Room Tip: Non Smoking, room was clean, cool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John L H
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear John L H,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while staying with us. I am also equally happy that our accommodations met all of your needs. Again, thank you and we look for to hosting you and your family again whenever you are in the Montgomery area again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Traveling from Va to La we wanted to stop for the night. I used tripadvisor as I always do :) we came across this Holiday Inn Express and it looked good. I have a family of 5, 1 full adult child (21) and 2 older teens. (18/15) most of the area hotels wouldn't accommodate us. I really didn't want to have to get 2 rooms. This holiday inn was happy to accommodate us. 1st good point. The room was very nice. Large and almost perfectly clean. ONLY problems was there was a hair on my sheets, 1 of 2 the TVs couldn't get service. I talked to Brady The desk clerk and he was more than happy to switch our room and was very apologetic about it. He also helped with a few other requests.
We got to the new room. Just as nice and it was perfectly clean. Every part. Even smelled fresh. I was very happy. Only problem was 1 of the 2 TVs didn't get sound so I went back down to Brady and he said he'd be right up. He came up with a new TV and switched it out and did everything he could.
This young man was really the best part of our stay! I've never received such great customer service. Even from a higher rated place. He went above and beyond and I would love to have the powers that be to know what a wonderful employee he is. Thank you Brady for all the help and for making us feel you cared about our families comfort! 5 star customer service from you!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear 5Strong,

We are always happy to hear when one or more of our team members makes a difference for valued guests. Brady was also very pleased to hear it. I do however, apologize for the inconveniences you and your family experienced while staying with us. And I want you to know this is not the norm. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and hope when you are in the area again you give us an opportunity to host you and your family. Thank you for staying.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

10 min from city centre, so as long as you have car then this is a great place to stay. Rooms had all new carpet in them and had a really great feel and this hotel had the best breakfast! Especially the pancakes. Makes a difference when hotels have someone good assigned just to breakfast area. And great free laundry! Be aware though that hotel is going through renos- showers did have an unfinished feel to them and other areas were under construction.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear EDawson26,

Best breakfast! Free Laundry!....... That was very kind of you. We do our very best to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations. And when we hear from valued guests such as yourself; it confirms we are doing something right. So, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again when in the area.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a very clean Holiday Inn. We were on our way to KY and decided to stay at this location. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included and was average.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Gwaugh,

It was truly our pleasure to serve you. I was very happy to hear that our services, accommodations and location met your needs. I hope you had an enjoyable trip to KY and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Montgomery.

Thanks

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I decided to pay a bit more for this interstate hotel since a recent previous stay at a different chain hotel left me a little squeamish. For me, this was worth the extra cost. Check in was easy. The room was clean and tastefully decorated, bed firm and comfy and the water pressure in the shower was fantastic. Shampoo, soap and lotion are provided as well as a hair dryer. Amenities include large flat-screen TV, cable (with HBO)/wifi and dorm size fridge. I can't remember if there was a microwave. Free breakfast buffet had good variety and included hot cooked foods like eggs, biscuits and gravy. Hotel also has pool, workout room and it looked like an "office" area for out of town business guests. I did not use any of these amenities but probably would have had my stay been longer. The first floor ice machine was empty but I found another on the 3rd floor to fill up my cooler before I hit the road. Outside entrances were secure and could only be opened with guest key card. I can honestly say that when I hit the road the next day after check out, I was well rested, clean, fed and prepared to face another day of travel. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmen A
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Carmen A,

I was very happy to hear we were able to provide you "Solid Rejuvenation". Our staff make every effort to make our guests' stay an EXCELLENT one. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again.

Ethel Tarver, GM