“Almost perfect...thanks to Brady Greer!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Traveling from Va to La we wanted to stop for the night. I used tripadvisor as I always do :) we came across this Holiday Inn Express and it looked good. I have a family of 5, 1 full adult child (21) and 2 older teens. (18/15) most of the area hotels wouldn't accommodate us. I really didn't want to have to get 2 rooms. This holiday inn was happy to accommodate us. 1st good point. The room was very nice. Large and almost perfectly clean. ONLY problems was there was a hair on my sheets, 1 of 2 the TVs couldn't get service. I talked to Brady The desk clerk and he was more than happy to switch our room and was very apologetic about it. He also helped with a few other requests.
We got to the new room. Just as nice and it was perfectly clean. Every part. Even smelled fresh. I was very happy. Only problem was 1 of the 2 TVs didn't get sound so I went back down to Brady and he said he'd be right up. He came up with a new TV and switched it out and did everything he could.
This young man was really the best part of our stay! I've never received such great customer service. Even from a higher rated place. He went above and beyond and I would love to have the powers that be to know what a wonderful employee he is. Thank you Brady for all the help and for making us feel you cared about our families comfort! 5 star customer service from you!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear 5Strong,

We are always happy to hear when one or more of our team members makes a difference for valued guests. Brady was also very pleased to hear it. I do however, apologize for the inconveniences you and your family experienced while staying with us. And I want you to know this is not the norm. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service and hope when you are in the area again you give us an opportunity to host you and your family. Thank you for staying.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

10 min from city centre, so as long as you have car then this is a great place to stay. Rooms had all new carpet in them and had a really great feel and this hotel had the best breakfast! Especially the pancakes. Makes a difference when hotels have someone good assigned just to breakfast area. And great free laundry! Be aware though that hotel is going through renos- showers did have an unfinished feel to them and other areas were under construction.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear EDawson26,

Best breakfast! Free Laundry!....... That was very kind of you. We do our very best to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations. And when we hear from valued guests such as yourself; it confirms we are doing something right. So, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again when in the area.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a very clean Holiday Inn. We were on our way to KY and decided to stay at this location. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included and was average.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Gwaugh,

It was truly our pleasure to serve you. I was very happy to hear that our services, accommodations and location met your needs. I hope you had an enjoyable trip to KY and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Montgomery.

Thanks

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I decided to pay a bit more for this interstate hotel since a recent previous stay at a different chain hotel left me a little squeamish. For me, this was worth the extra cost. Check in was easy. The room was clean and tastefully decorated, bed firm and comfy and the water pressure in the shower was fantastic. Shampoo, soap and lotion are provided as well as a hair dryer. Amenities include large flat-screen TV, cable (with HBO)/wifi and dorm size fridge. I can't remember if there was a microwave. Free breakfast buffet had good variety and included hot cooked foods like eggs, biscuits and gravy. Hotel also has pool, workout room and it looked like an "office" area for out of town business guests. I did not use any of these amenities but probably would have had my stay been longer. The first floor ice machine was empty but I found another on the 3rd floor to fill up my cooler before I hit the road. Outside entrances were secure and could only be opened with guest key card. I can honestly say that when I hit the road the next day after check out, I was well rested, clean, fed and prepared to face another day of travel. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmen A
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Carmen A,

I was very happy to hear we were able to provide you "Solid Rejuvenation". Our staff make every effort to make our guests' stay an EXCELLENT one. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again.

Ethel Tarver, GM

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I frequently travel throughout the South/Southeast on Business and primaritly stay at IHG Branded Hotels as an IHG Rewards Club Member.
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites-Montgomery/Boyd-Cooper Parkway is an "Outstanding Hotel" offering "Superior" Hospitality, Service, Housekeeping and Cleanliness all at an exceptional price/value.
If you are traveling to Montgomery, AL or just passing through, you owe it to yourself to stay at one of the "Best" Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in the IHG Family. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank paul s

Dear Paul S,

It was truly our pleasure to serve you while visiting Montgomery. And we were very pleased to hear that our accommodations met your needs. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Montgomery.

Ethel Tarver, GM

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Overall the stay was good. The room was clean and even smelled clean which was great. The breakfast was decent can't really complain about free. The bed was super soft not really what I like though. The pillows were the worse pillows I have ever felt and my neck is stiff and made sleep very unbearable. The pillowcases had firm and soft stitched on them but they both were extremely soft. I should have just laid on the mattress because that's were my head ended up anyway!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear StPaul82,

I am very sorry you didn't get much sleep while staying with us. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and when we fall short of your expectations, it saddens us. Thank you for sharing your experience as it will help us to improve. If you are in the area again, please give us an opportunity to prove to you that we care about our guests.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

If you don't mind poor/no service this hotel will work. The rooms are nice enough but the cleaning staff needs a refresher course on how to do the obvious...ex: 12" long hairs in the bath tub and floor. My hair is only 2" long! The heating/air unit was very inconsistent blowing hot/cold no matter how the unit was set.

The second day was no better. After coming in from a long day, the coffee carafe wasn't cleaned and supplies weren't restocked. When calling down for supplies, we were asked to come down and get them.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Kristen J,

I would like to extend my sincerest apology for not meeting your expectations while staying with us. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and hotel accommodations and when this is not the case it saddens us. When in the area again, please allow us the opportunity to prove to you and your family that we value our guests and show you that we do care. Your feedback is very important to us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing as this will only help us to get better. Again, thank you.