“Clean, Convenient, Great Value”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked a home at this hotel recently having no idea what to expect. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful -- and even directed me to a nearby mall for some light shopping. An easy thirty-five minute drive outside of Auburn, this location is perfect for football games too. My standard room offered a small sofa and seating area, plus a large scale bathroom.

Complimentary breakfast is offered in the morning with hot items like scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, patty sausage, etc and juices, fruits, cereals too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Blake,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our facility met all of your needs.

Again, we thank you and look forward to hosting you when in the area again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was my first stay in US. The services were so easy and comfortable that I didn't wanted to get out to any apartment after two weeks. It was close to my office and so many restaurant ( McD, Burger King etc.) ....also the shopping mall was nearby. Terrific place to live in and chill out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank saymehi
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Saymehi,

I was very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while looking for an apartment. We wish we could have served as your host hotel longer but are thankful we had the time we did. Again, thank you and we hope you enjoy Montgomery.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a weekend stay and the hotel was booked to capacity. We arrived late Friday evening and the front desk staff was probably the most friendly I have ever encountered. The room was just as described and was even next door to the other room I booked. I did make a few trips to the car after going up and both of the ladies were very attentive and ask if I needed anything. The only complaint was the TV quality but honestly I was not there to watch television anyway. The breakfast attendant the next morning was also very helpful and attentive to everything being nice, stocked and clean. All of the employees had great attitudes and seemed truly happy to be there. The location of this hotel is also perfect as there are several restaurants and shopping very close. I will definitely stay at this location again and would recommend you try it out for a good nights sleep at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Travelingbex,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience while visiting Montgomery. Our staff was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look for forward to seeing you again when in the area. Again, thank you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I usually stay at Marriott but this trip a friend said to try holiday Inn.Every one I stopped at
looked fairly new and was very clean . On my last night I pulled into a Marriott the hotel looked
very bad outside as I was trying to find a place to park my truck. Something In my gut was telling
me don't stay here, so this time I listened and drove one more exit and there was holiday inn express
Kelsie greeted me when I came in and had me checked in in a flash and even got me a room
on the ground floor. She was very nice and pleasant and an A+ employee for your hotel. The room
was fantastic clean and comfortable. Thank you Kelsie.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Terry L,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us your experience while staying with us. We are very pleased to know that our staff and guest room accommodations were able to meet your needs. Again, thanks and it was our pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Montgomery.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel east of Montgomery is nice and up to the standards that Holiday Inn Express have come up to or now strive to be. Nothing stands out at this hotel good or bad. Standard king executive room with 2 TV's, one in couch area one by the bed, which is nice. Only issue with that was as the TVs where the same make/model, and if you had one on, say, while you were going to sleep and then you shut it off in the middle of the night; the other TV would come on. For some reason the base volume was ridiculously loud. Almost scared the heck out of me the 1st night.But beyond that nothing overly bad or overly good.at the hotel. The hotel is in a great area, almost every conceivable restaurant down the street from the hotel to the west. There is even a Waffle House and a Steak House walking distance from hotel. One across the street and one behind the hotel. The steak house was very good, a tab pricey but my Filet was cooked well. But back to the hotel. Never ate breakfast there as its Monopoly time at McDonald's so we ate their every morning. Cable is good all the "main" hotel channels plus a few odd ones which is nice. I would stay again like the title says meets standards, but better yet it meets MY standards, as a Platinum Member I have come to expect.

Room Tip: Any room was fine, it is a quiet hotel and no road noise was heard nor could and interior noise be h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear DUCK0830,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was happy to hear our facilities met all of your needs. Our staff pride themselves in making sure we not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. Again, thank you and it was our pleasure to serve as your host hotel while in Montgomery.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My daughter and I have stayed at this hotel twice when visiting Auburn @ Montgomery and both times were great stays. The staff is very welcoming and friendly, and the rooms are spacious and clean. There was one small issue on our 2nd visit--when we entered the room, the microwave was on with nothing inside! It wasn't a huge issue as we got it turned off after opening and closing it a couple of times--it was just a little weird. The breakfast was nice and the attendant was even nicer! The area was very clean, as were all the other common areas in the hotel. I will definitely stay at this hotel anytime I'm in Montgomery!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Reece1125
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were happy to hear your stay was an enjoyable one. We make every effort to not only meet but to exceed our guests expectations. And when we do, we are ecstatic. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and when in the area again it would be our pleasure to serve as your host hotel.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Well we were headed North and stopped here for an overnight stay. We actually stopped at 3 hotels and the first two were booked. We saw this Holiday Inn across the way, checked it out on tripadvisor and bolted there before others that were looking could get ahead of us!!! We got a room and I was so happy with the hotel and stay itself. The room was perfect. The beds and pillows were comfy. The pillows were small but that seems to be the wave of the hotel future. They were comfy though :) The room and bathroom were nice. I read one review that said something about a strange bathroom set up. Ours was pretty normal. Tub/Shower combo, long counter with sink. It was large enough for the three of us to brush our teeth, do our hair etc. My only real complaint is that the walls are thin. We could hear people in the halls as they walked to their room. My tip for any hotel stay. . . most of us have iphones or droids. . . download the "lightning bug". It has sounds of the ocean, rain, etc. Great to drowned out those kind of noises. We turned on ours and we were all out.
BREAKFAST . . . well we are Cracker Barrel fans and there is one right across the street . . . HOWEVER . . . when we saw the free breakfast downstairs we were quite surprised. Fresh pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, cereal, yogurt, orange juice, apple juice, fresh fruit. We decided to eat there on the way out. It was no Cracker Barrel but it was pretty good for a free breakfast! I would recommend stopping by and checking it out!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tinkerbell1391
Ethel T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Hello Ms. Tinkerbell1391,

Thank you for taking time to share with us how much you enjoyed your stay. We were very pleased to hear that our accommodations and hot breakfast met your needs. Your feedback regarding the thins walls have been noted and is being considered. This information is vital and will only help us to improve. Again thank you and we hope whenever you are in the area again, you will come in and relax with us.