Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I recently stayed here during a soccer tournament. The hotel was booked full for the weekend. The staff were all friendly and gracious. The rooms were reasonable size and clean and the beds were comfortable. All rooms also had a microwave and refrigerator. There was a very good complimentary hot breakfast served in the morning. The breakfast area was spacious and clean. The breakfast host kept up with the breakfast during the onslaught of guests in the morning. The food was always replenished promptly and no one had to wait, despite the high number of guests getting breakfast. The hotel was in a great location and I would certainly stay here again. I can't comment on the rate, because we had to book through a travel agency because of the soccer tournament and I'm sure they had a surcharge attached to our rate. However, I don't doubt had we booked directly we could have received a reasonable rate. In fact, the hotel did a great job of accommodating all the people who had reservations screwed up by this travel agency and probably had to work twice as hard fixing another organization's mistake. That being said, the front desk staff dealt with the situations admirably and were always polite and smiling, And speaking of the front desk staff, I stopped by to tell them my phone wasn't working because I had intended to schedule a wake up call. The y took my information and at 6:15 the next morning (the time we would have scheduled the call) a staff member was knocking at my door to make sure we were up. I think that is excellent customer service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Montgomery. On the parkway where EastChase shopping area is with multiple restaurants and much shopping- all relatively new area so a very nice part of Montgomery. Seems to be a new property as there are not any signs of wear anyplace I looked. Small workout room and pool although I did not go to the pool so cannot comment on it. Rooms very nice, beds very comfortable. Breakfast the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast which is good. Hot items as well as cereals and fruits/yogurts, etc. Liked the delivery of USA today each am. Quiet hotel, nice area of Montgomery. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel on many occasions and have always enjoyed out stay. I've spent time here on on business trips as well as family trips. The front desk people have always been very courteous and helpful. Our reservations have always been correct and accurate. The beds are outstanding. The breakfast is even more outstanding. The facility is always clean and orderly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I should have known something was up with
This place when we pulled in at 2am this morning. There are cigarette butts everywhere in the area you stop your car to check in. My husband and I are driving cross country with our two toddlers and we have stayed at many holiday Inn Expresses in the past week. All of them were great till we got to this one. If it wasn't so late and my kids being so tired I would have left and found a cleaner place. Ya, the lobby looks nice but then you take the elevator up to your floor where the elevator doors open and you are welcomed by dirty carpet all tue way down the hallway leading you to what you hope is a nice room so you can sleep for a few short hours but no....the room is also dirty and gross. I'm wondering if this hotel even has a vacuum that works!! Seriously, behind tue Tv and on tue side of the bed by the window the carpet is dirty. I was not happy when my 2 year old came up to me with a candy wrapper that was behind the TV stand that was not ours. I slept horribly Last night, pillows are old and bumpy. Shower, you can't feel clean taking a shower here because There is some one else's hair all over tue bathroom. Not
To mention this place is to cheap to snap the inside shower curtain on so the bathroom floods when you take a shower.

Bottom line, if you don't care to have a clean room then stay here. If you are like
Me and enjoy having a nice clean place to relax and sleep after a long day find a DIFFERENT hotel. This is not the place!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Apadams
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Apadams,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 10, 2012

There is hope that our "Home Away From Home" is returning to us. With Ethel in the GM positiion things have already begun to turn around. The reception at the front desk has definitely returned to the professional level that we had become accustomed to over the years. Attention to details is important and beautiful flowers in the reception area was the first sign of hope, thank you! I know it will take time for a total turn around of previous decisions but to all who had given up on returning to this property, give it a second chance please! I know returning the facility to a well-maintained one is going to take time...having a properly trained maintence team is essential. Knowing the tub isn't going to overflow while taking a shower is very important and so is walking around in the room without our socks getting sticky or black! My kids were geeked when they discovered the pull-out couch was repaired and it had a new mattress, thank you! Being treated like an expected guest is a wonderful thing after feelling road-weary from extended travel. Thank you for a comfortable room that meets our family's needs!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank MississippiMomOfive
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The checkin process was fast, and the clerk was very pleasant. The lobby was small by clean, had a nice large breakfast area. My room was good, had an uncomfortable couch in the living area. The two tv's would both pop on and off no matter which remote I used, so I had to make sure I was pointing it away from one tv so it would not be affected.
The one negative was the 10:30 pm phone call from "the front desk" telling me they had a computer glitch and needed my name and credit card info again. I declined and told them I would go take care of it at the front desk. Of course, the clerk didn't have a computer glitch. I never really got the real story of how they ended up with my room. She said the caller asked for Kristi, and she forwarded the call to my room. My name is Kevin.
Anyway, I know this can happen anywhere, but be aware of those type of calls wherever you stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank doctall41
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was a Super nice Place to Stay. The indoor Pool was Awesome. Morning Breakfast was Great. Room was Quiet and Very Comfortable. People were Super! This was a Great place to Stay and the Beginning of a Wonderful Vacation.

Room Tip: Room 310 was very Comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HIXGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montgomery/Boyd Cooper Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I am so glad to hear that you had an execllent stay! I'm even happier that you took the time to write about it! Thank you! We hope to see you again wile traveling in or though Montgomery. Best wishes to you!