“Best steak I have ever had.”
Review of Ox Yoke Steak House & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ox Yoke Steak House & Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was in town for a school and my instructor recommended this place for good steak. It did not disappoint. It was in 2005 so I can't remember the details, but I never forgot this place and I have always wanted to stop here again. I do remember they have a weird set of hours; they aren't (or weren't) open on Sundays and Mondays from what I remember.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Visited with my two daughter's family for a birthday party. The waitress made some snide remarks about the kids sharing plates with the parents to the waiter she was training. My wife asked about the ingrediants in the salad dressing because she has alregies and the watress said "she should be ok" My wife asked her to check the inredients to make sure, when she returned from the kitchen she said she didn't know because the container was already thrown away. The dry rubbed ribs also came with a bbq sause which my wife is alergic too. when we asked about the sauce she confirmed that my wife would be alergic. She asked if we wanted to swap them out for dry rubbed ribs with no sauce. In all of this they forgot my wifes sweet potatoe. If you have alergies I would avoid this resturant. The foods was good, but Im not sure its worth the the service.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

All I wanted was a good steak dinner. Wow, was I ever treated ! They were out of t-bones. Got a large rib eye. FANTASTIC ! Literally finger -licked the plate. Best marinade ever. Service was wonderful . Waitress was very friendly. We will make this a regular spot. Thanks Ox Yoke !

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Driving up, it looked very nice from the street...upon entering, the interior certainly did not meet my expectations...very plain and ordinary. Not the seating one would expect for a "steak house". Not very intimate. I thought I would be disappointed, but the host who greeted us was very friendly and professional. Our waitress got it right, made us feel at home and welcomed. The food was much better than I expected again, our steaks were cooked perfect and the kids meals were not your typical "kids meal"...overall i would have rated it much higher if the interior hadn't been so much of a let down for my own perceptions of what a Steak House should be like once seated.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Been coming for years. Nicest owners. They run a good ship, staff very polite. They make you feel like they want your business. Steaks are tastiest in town! Lisnn