“bad food and bad customer service”
Review of Ox Yoke Steak House & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ox Yoke Steak House & Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My daughter and I got take out from Ox Yoke giving them a second try after a not so good experience. Once again the food was bad. Half of my steak was almost raw and when we called in our complaint the only thing that was offered was another steak, we live 20 mins away from the resturant. The first time we called about the food we were told to "Go To Outback" Next time we will, at least they provide decent customer service and want their customers to come back. I would not recommend this resturant to anyone.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

The prices in this particular restaurant are high, but the quality of the food is on par with a low end diner. The steaks are poorly seasoned and low quality cuts of meat. The ribs were ok, but not worth the price. The service was ok. Overall it is not all that bad, it is just not worth the price.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife and I live about 10 miles from this place, and we seem to always fall back to it when we are driving somewhere to eat. Anyone who had a bad experience here did not talk to Jim or Cindy to get it fixed. We are not related, not family, only friendly with the owners, because that is the way they treat everyone at this restaurant. If you want higher quality cuts of meat when you eat steak, this is the place. If you don't care or don't know, then it doesn't matter.

The place is busy on Fridays and Saturdays, but they will seat you most likely in about 15 minutes. We have been going here for 10 years (before they moved), and have rarely waited. My wife gets the prime rib here, because it is the best around. I order sirloin, and it is awesome. Since they switched from Conastoga to Ox Yoke, they have a wider selection to include seafood and chicken. Prices have gone up some since that time, but not any more that anywhere else.

If you ever have an experience where the food is other than awesome, talk to Jim or Cindy. They will make it right. If you are coming into the Montgomery area from out of town, make the trip up Hwy 231 about 5 miles from the Eastern Bypass. You will be glad you did!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I don't know if the last reveiwer was at the right restaurant or what but this place is great in my opinion. It is actually located in Wetumpka, not Montgomery. We frequently meet relatives for dinner here. The health score is always 100 and the place is really clean. I like the atmosphere. It is a steak house, not a five-star upscale restaurant. The food is good, the atmosphere is very good and the service is almost always excellent. This is a locally owned restaurant and our family loves it. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. We live in the northern part of Chilton Co , but if you want good food this is the place. We both love their prime rib. Never had a bad steak or experience at OX YOKE