“Over-Rated”

Dining options: Reservations
Columbus, Georgia
“Over-Rated”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Very nice atmosphere; however, the food was (in my opinion) merely average. I ordered the New York Steak and Shrimp, my oldest daughter ordered the same; my youngest daughter ordered the lobster, scallops and shrimp (she enjoyed her meal). The steak (very dry) was not that great. The ambiance was nice, however the food was not worth the expense. I did enjoy the California Rolls.

1 Thank preciouspj

Helena, Alabama
“My favorite restaurant in Montgomery!”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

The food is really good. I love the Daniel's Special roll. I order it without fish eggs and with extra sauce, I also get the miso soup to start. Everytime my boyfriend and I dine there the chef remembers our faces and begins preparing our order. They are friendly, with great service, and a nice atmosphere. If you are traveling from out of town, minorities are welcome and treated well.

Montgomery, AL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delicious food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Eat hibachi style, dine at a private table, or pull a chair up to the sushi bar. I guarantee you will enjoy your meal at Miyako. The sushi is my favorite and if you like beer I recommend trying a Sapporo.

Montgomery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What is your basis for comparison?”
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Compared to Shogun, Lek's railroaded sushi, and Street Cafe, this place is great. Compared to Kabuki and Satsuki, this place is horrible- low quality fish, huge USA'ified rolls such as the bacon deep fried whitebread roll with creamcheese giblet gravy. I don't really understand the appeal. I guess if you want a sushi roll that tastes like a hamburger, this place is for you. Otherwise give your money and business to a family who deserves it, like the nice chinese people at kabuki or the nice korean people at satsuki.

1 Thank araess
Stuttgart, Germany
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We went to Miyako for sushi and were not disappointed. Prices were good and the service was quick. Our waitress took time to explain the rolls to the sushi virgins at our table and was very helpful in making selections. I had three AWESOME rolls, a bowl of rice, and miso soup with hot tea an my bill was just under $30...not bad in my experience eating at such a nice place. The ingredients were fresh and everything tasted great. Highly recommended for sushi, but did not do the grill side...but I imagine that it would be just as good!