“Must be near the Ocean!”
Review of Flip's Uptown Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Flip's Uptown Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Alabama
“Must be near the Ocean!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place has stayed put in time but not the food. At least not the grilled fish lunch plate. It is so fresh that one may just think that Flip's Uptown Grill is located near a beach or sitting on a local pier. In talking to the cook he mentioned that the fish plate and sandwich are the most popular and after consuming the delectable fish lunch I know why. The staff is kind, informed and attentive. I will be returning whenever I'm in town.

• Visited March 2013

Columbus, Georgia
“Huge Breakfast”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Always like their burgers but first time to have breakfast with them. It was THE BOMB! A huge excess of food and cooked to perfection. If you like Bacon, eggs ,grits and huge biscuits-then this is the breakfast you want at a small price. Best Value I have ever had. The staff is great and courteous too.

• Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Better than standard fast food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure what we were expecting from this place. The outside and name makes it appear to be a spin off of a '50's diner. It, for the most part, is. I had a grilled chicken sand which. The chicken part was good but there was something weird about the bread. I ended up only eating the chicken breast. My husband got a burger and said it was average but it looked really good to me. The staff was really nice and most of the clientele looked 60+, which made sense given the numerous senior citizen magazines and newspapers laying around. I'd go back and try something different out, but only if we are in a time crunch.

Montgomery, Alabama
“A must-try!”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Flips is not your standard fast-food burger joint. Everything is made fresh, so you are going to wait for your order. But the wait is worth it! Gyros, hamburgers, the best fish sandwich I've had from a restaurant, and fried zucchini. My husband and I usually eat get a gyro and split an order of zucchini for lunch, which comes with 2 sides of ranch. Tasty, hot, fresh, and never a bad service experience.

• Visited March 2011
Bolton England
“Best Burger in town”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

It was last March when I ate at Flips on a visit to relatives. I will be back at Christmas. They do a really good burger with bacon and the fries are big and wholsome