“Great catering available”

Dreamland BBQ
Ranked #2 of 459 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newville, Alabama
“Great catering available”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Dreamland catered our evening riverboat cruise and the food was excellent! Food quality was our biggest concern for this event and we knew we couldn't go wrong with Dreamland.

Visited March 2013

St. Louis
“Darn Good BBQ”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love good BBQ and this place doesn't disappoint. I had the pulled pork and potato salad for lunch. Service was fast and friendly and the price was moderate.

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We went for the ribs - but the wings were better”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A friend who is new to the area took me to Dreamland for bbq. At the last second, I ordered bbq and mild wings in addition to the full rack of ribs we were going to share. I didn't care for the ribs at all: they were chewy (like shoe leather) and didn't even begin to fall off the bone - which is what I'm accustomed to and expected from BBQ in the Deep South. Thank goodness I ordered the wings because they were *really* good and that is what I chewed on instead of those lousy ribs. We also had an order of the banana pudding, which ought to be dispensed with a prescription because it is HIGHLY addictive!

Visited March 2013
N. Virginia
“Nice atmosphere but ribs were very dry and tough”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dreamland BBQ in Montgomery is located in the revitalized downtown area of the city near the convention center. Parking is on the street or the nearby municipal lot - pay during the day, free at night.
We waited for our table in the bar area. The bar is not very big and neither is the waiting area for tables. They give out pagers to those waiting and so in warmer months I assume most people wait outside. The bar has a small variety of draft beers including one seasonal Sam Adams.
The meal was ok. The ribs were really dry and tough. Someone in our party thought that they'd been out of the smoker for a long time and under a heat lamp. I just know I didn't even try to eat the last of my three ribs in my combo. Not much meat on them either. The chopped pork was better. Fairly meaty and not too much fat. Taste was average. The sides were pretty good. I didn't have room for the banana pudding that others talked about in their revues.
All in all, it was a nice place to hang out with friends. It would work better if they had a bit more room but I'm sure the restaurant owners and staff would say the same. The staff was nice but didn't come by a lot - refills, etc. I don't think I'll be back before trying some other choices in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
“Big food, pretty good BBQ but no brisket”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This location gets pretty crowded during the week for lunch. Try to get there before noon.

Big portions....huge. The baked potato is easily a full meal these are more the size of grapefruits or small melons, topped with meat. The "bread" is a piece of texas toast from the supermarket and the buns for sandwiches are large, flat, hamburger buns.

Prices are OK --- you can have a plate (meat and 2 sides plus that slice of texas toast) for just over $10. A baked potato will bring you in under $10.

No beef brisket, was disappointed, wanted some, but they serve BBQ chicken, pork and these really long sausages. The chicken was very good. The sauce is kind of spicy.

Place is very loud, wait staff shouting to each other and the kitchen. TVs hung from the ceiling every 3-4 feet. Bathrooms are really nice. Seating, mainly booths, is large....could easily fit 6-8 people in a booth.

Overall, lunch for $10 was fine but I probably wouldn't go back in a hurry.

• Visited February 2013