“Elitist Establishment”

Good for: Families with children
Montgomery, Alabama
“Elitist Establishment”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I know it was probably at least 5 years ago since my husband and I visited Sommer's Place but our experience was so bad we will never step foot back in the place. Sommer's Place did not take reservations when we visited for my birthday. We knew we were in for a long wait but we knew it would be worth it. After waiting close to an hour, we were finally next up for a table for two. At that moment, two older men walked up to the front where they were taking names on their list. The hostess and a couple of other employees were falling all over themselves to greet the men. They were offered OUR TABLE! My husband and I looked at each other with our jaws hanging open. If it had not been my birthday, we would have just walked out right then. Well, we waited another 15 minutes and were finally seated. Our waitress was very friendly and sort of made up for the actions of the other employees. However, neither of us really enjoyed the meal because we were treated like we were less than the two men who waltzed right in and took our table. I thought maybe with time we would get over it, but nope, it still rates up there with our worst ever dining experiences. Sommer's Place, either take reservations or make EVERYONE wait their turn.

“The waitress dropped a bag that looked like cocaine!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The food was terrible! I don't think the fish was even tilapia. The waitress dropped a bag out of her apron which looked to be cocaine! Then she messed up our order twice. When I asked for the manager, needless to say she was very rude. I overheard the server gossiping and said my wife and I were just trying to get free food. Worst and never going back.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank gussy5
Montgomery, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't miss”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wait staff is excellent, food is good, and prices are reasonable. Their best quality is that they are consistent. Always, always, ALWAYS!

• Visited December 2012
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Excellent Place to Eat”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Not only is the food WONDERFUL, they are a great bunch of people. Service is GREAT! Can't ask for anything better when eating out. Large variety on the menu, fast service, great smiles, I can't say enought about how Wonderful this place is.

• Visited October 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
“We go for the fried crab claws”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Typical southern fare with great fried crab claws, and they are big and good. The macaroni and cheese is very good, along with the pot roast. Collards greens are weak. The prime rib sandwich is excellent. Best time and prices are 3-7 happy hours during the week.