“Another of Montgomery's Best. Eclectic, Exciting Menu”
Review of City Grill

City Grill
Ranked #19 of 466 Restaurants in Montgomery
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Montgomery, Alabama
“Another of Montgomery's Best. Eclectic, Exciting Menu”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

City Grill moved last year from a simple strip mall to a pleasant setting in Hampstead, a new up-scale residential/business community. It was always one of Montgomery's finest restaurants, but I think it took a step up in all-round quality when it moved. The entrance to the restaurant is into a reception/eat-in bar area. Tables and booths are located in three dining areas and a private room for groups. The decor is modern, light grey and white with dark finished concrete floors and exposed ceiling utilities. It has to grows on you, if you are used to the lush coziness of many fine restaurants, but it does, and now I find it comfortable. The menu is limited, but that is not a negative. It's largest selection is an eclectic variety of appetizers. Several salads and entrees complete the choices. The entrees are another eclectic but limited collection, beef, bird, lamb, and seafood, some exceptional choices. The big surprise is the number of specials offered each evening. They are almost as many special entrees as there are entrees on the main menu, again an eclectic selection that is so attractive that I find it hard to choose -- a very nice problem to have, and we enjoy trying to decide every time. As a result, City Grill probably has the most unusual and exciting menu in town. It is a fine dining experience that I recommend highly. In addition, the reception is very generous and helpful. We always enjoy their welcome. The service is also very good, some or the best in town. I recommend City Grill very highly.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Review1965

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
“Mmmmmmmm!!! Yes please.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

So glad our friends took us to City Grill the other night. It was a great experience from start to finish. Fantastic service, great mood/environment, and unbelievable food. I had the seafood pasta dish, and it was tremendous. The grilled shrimp were perfect. Salad dressing on my wife's salad was sooo good. My brownie cake with homemade peanut butter ice cream was delicious. In fact, even the table bread and butter were fantastic : )
It's only been one visit, but I'm sure City Grill will be in, at least, our top 3 favorite places to eat in Alabama.
Thanks again John & Terry , and we look forward to dining with you all very soon.

• Visited April 2013
“Great New Location”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

City Grill has move to the lovely area of Hampstead, a suburb of Montgomery. The ambiance is great at the new location and much roomier than their previous location. We took out of town company there for dinner and we were all impressed with the service and the food.

Visited November 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
“City Grill's new location matches the food.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

City Grill's new location in Hampstead is gorgeous. The perfect setting for the superb food and service you aways get when you dine there. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Montgomery, Alabama
“one of the best in Montgomery”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently moved to Montgomery from Houston and was discouraged at the lack of upscale dining options. Now that I have eaten at City Grill, I feel much better about my new hometown. The restaurant is located in a beautiful area with a water fountain nearby- they definitely have some serious ambiance- perfect for a romantic dinner. We ordered the calamari with jalapeno tartar sauce and the prosciutto, arugula and parmesan drizzled with olive oil and lemon for appetizers, a Caesar salad, grilled scamp and scallops over pureed parsnips with a pesto oil and a crustless salted caramel cheesecake for dessert. Everything we ate was amazing. I cannot wait to go back to this place!

• Visited October 2012