“Another great Drury stay!”

Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
West Texas USA
“Another great Drury stay!”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Drury never disappoints; clean comfortable rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, and food morning and evening! Drury is my favorite place to stay; I just wish there was one every place I go!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I usually always stay at the Drury Inn while in Montgomery but the last two times have been less then fantastic. Air conditioner smelled like it was overheating at 2:00 am. Food was gone in the kitchen area by 9:00 (suppose to last until 10:00) and I was only the third person in there. Kitchen area was a mess and nobody around to clean it up. Was very disappointed and probably won't come back.

Maybe they are under new management or something. This used to be a great place to stay. For the price it is a great value if you get the amentities it is suppose to have. Some may love it but it has declined in my opinion. They do however have very comfortable beds, linens & pillows. If you don't want to leave the room it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
huntsville
Reviewed June 26, 2010

This stay was nice the hotel was beautiful and the staff was nice. The only things I didn't like was the fact that the hotel was out in the open for everyone to see and I rate the food 3 out of 5 stars and thats only because the beverages were free all night. Now the bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice I would definitely recommend this hotel and the prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I typically stay at Hilton or Marriott properties, so this was my first Drury experience. Likes include the evening and morning food spreads, the free and fast wi-fi and in the case of this hotel, its location (a short walk to two steakhouses). Dislikes include the 25" tube TVs and the old-school bedspreads that are cleaned only so often. The room I was in lacked a night-stand lamp, apparently because one of the wall plugs was defective. What was particularly disappointing during this stay was to wake up at 2 a.m. due to the high volume on the TV in the room next to me. I called the front desk and they called the room next door but no one answered. It seemed odd to me that I heard the phone ring in the next room as clearly as I heard the loud TV. I stay in hotels 30+ nights/year and don't recall hearing phones ring in adjacent rooms. My request to be moved to another room was granted but it was no fun having to pack up in the middle of the night and relocate. While I hope this is an isolated incident, it was easily the least restful night of sleep I have had at a hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank H0lidayr0ad
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
We certainly apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. Maintenance is constantly working to keep our rooms in the best shape possible for everyone's enjoyment. Issues like the missing night stand lamp and defective outlets are being addressed as soon as they are identified. Also, we are working hard as a front desk staff to identify and eliminate any overnight noise that would prevent other guests from enjoying the good night's rest they have come to expect from Drury. Please accept out sincerest apology give us another chance to show you what Drury is all about.
Spring, TX
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My daughter, my grandchildren and myself stayed here on our way to Virginia to see my other daughter. After a very long day of driving from Houston TX to Alabama we were exhausted. Dee at the front desk could not have given us a more warm welcome. She was kind, friendly, and very efficient. We took the grandkids straight to the pool to wear them out so they would sleep after being cooped up in the car all day. They had a blast and we loved the pool with its inside/outside swimming.

The next mornig we went down for breakfast and we met Katrina she was great. If we did happen to run out of anything at breakfast she was right there replenishing and she was so cheerful and friendly.

Because we didn't know exactly what day we were returning I didn't have a reservation but when I called to make the reservation Dee remembered my name and took care of everything again in a very efficient and more importantly to weary travelers friendly manner. You could just hear the smile in her voice!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on my way to florida. it was a very nice room very quiet very very comfy bed much better than mine at home I want that bed at home! had living room n bed room everything was clean had 2 tvs a desk a recliner small fridge microwave did run out of towels as they didnt have enough when we checked in but they got us more also there was no coffee in the room n they sent some up. breakfast was very nice spread eggs sausage -i would of prefered bacon, cereal, waffles, etc. was there on the weekend so we didnt get to enjoy the managers reception which would of been good but next time. if we are ever in montgomery alabama again we would def. stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
girrlstravel
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Generally, everything was fine - the room, the bed, etc. However, we DID have to kill a roach as soon as we were settled in the room!! My travelling companion said she did not sleep well, worried that more roaches would be crawling on/in her bed as she slept.
Shower pressure was great, room was quiet.
They advertise "snacks," and I assumed that meant popcorn or pretzels. We arrived at 10 minutes until 7 p.m., the man who checked us in never mentioned that they had hotdogs, chili, nachos, pop, drinks, etc. I finally got a (staff) woman's attention and asked how long the spread would be out and she said, "seven minutes." She complained that she had to leave on time because she had to be back to put out breakfast the next morning. I blame management's scheduling of staff back-to-back shifts.
Great variety of food for breakfast with anything you would want. They had a waffle-maker - watch out, they do not use anything non-stick for it and EVERY waffle broke apart when taken out of the molds. Decent coffee.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We will make every effort to insure quality is maintained at a high level. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated.