“A Last Minute Vacation”

Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My man and I decided too just get up Saturday morning and find somewhere too go/something too do. So why decided too head to BAMA, and go to the casinos and the beach. This hotel was very nice and had great hospitality, including the staff. There was nothing bad about the hotel other than when I walked thru the sliding doors, it was musty, not saying it was the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I traveled out of town by myself with my 3 girls ages 17, 3, and 1 for the first time. My mom found me this hotel, she said I believe I found you a decent hotel for your short stay. Well let me just say this: This hotel not only had polite staff, it had an awesome breakfast, and to top it off it had another free meal that was so perfect for my girls from 5:30 - 7. The pool was indoors and outdoors that my girls just absolutely had a blast in. The room was so clean and very comfy beds. Everything was above all our needs. Thank you Drury Inn & Suites for caring for your guests the way you show it in your place. I will return for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed at the hotel one night for a baseball tournament. Very nice hotel, had a good one night stay. The only negative that I could say is that the front desk staff needs to make sure that they understand the pool rules and not make promises they can't keep about operating hours. Half of our team was staying and the boys were told that they could swim past 10:00 after their last game. When we arrived back at the hotel, we were not only told we couldn't swim but the boys couldn't sit by the pool either. Bad experience for us and them after being told different information at check in. Other hotels in the area have pools that as stay open later and are willing to make accommodations for guests.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2014

When we arrived, our room showed a number of places where it appeared that it hadn't been cleaned properly. The front desk immediately upgraded us to a much larger room and reduced the price for our one-night stay. Excellent customer service above and beyond what was expected.

This location has two slight potential disadvantages. It shares an entry with a Sam's Club, so there is a good deal of traffic to navigate entering the property. Additionally, there is a lot of traffic day and night on main roadway in front of the hotel. If your room overlooks the front parking lot and main entrance, there may be pronounced traffic noise throughout your stay.

Otherwise, everything about this location is good and worth another visit. This is a clean, comfortable and friendly location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

What is with the smoking in this hotel, they put me on the 7th floor and the entire floor stunk of cigarette smoke. I arrived late or I would have asked for a swap (although not sure if the other floors were better). I grabbed a bell not who told me there were smoking rooms. Room was ok... Musty with noisy a/c unit under the window. Nothing special. During the tornado warnings there was zero guidance from the staff. A note in the room or a sign in reception would have been welcome for those not accustomed to dealing with this.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HungrySW
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels through Montgomery, Al. We always appreciate guest feedback as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I apologize for the smoke odor you encountered and for the poor communication. Unfortunately, one half of our 7th floor is a smoking floor. In the future, when you travel thru Montgomery, please feel free to contact me directly. I will personally make your reservation and make sure you are not assigned a 7th floor room. Again, I do apologize and thank you for your feedback.

Janet D

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped at this hotel for one night on our way south. We chose Drury Inn based on its positive reviews, and because it was pet friendly. We arrived to a sumptuous happy hour that included enough food items to cover our dinner! It had hot dogs, penne pasta in marinara, meatballs and sauce, salads, fresh vegetables and dip, and more! Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was welcomed, and comfortable. The room was immaculate, and the service welcoming and professional. Excellent hotel chain!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Smith01004
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in with my family. The hotel clerk was friendly. When arrived very late but she got us checked in quickly. The hallway to our room smelled of smoke. On entering the room we didn't smell smoke but it was a bit musky smelling. The beds were comfortable and clean. I would give a better rating if they can fix the smells. It was very unpleasant for my sister who has a very sensitive sense of smell.

Stayed: April 2014