“A very good choice”

Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Portsmouth
“A very good choice”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were really dead beat when we arrived having flown from England and having been awake for some considerable time. There were 5 of us and we had 2 rooms, which were very clean, spacious and very comfortable.

This was our first experience of the Drury accommodation - we would definitely use again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MaxonianPortsmouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed at this location three times, always on business. The staff here are very friendly, the price is reasonable, and I love the evening small dinner with three complimentary drinks. Even with hot dogs and tacos, the sliced carrots and celery were appetizing enough to choose those with some salad - with my margarita. Also love the lobby area, couches are comfortable enough to sit and do work. It's also nice to pop downstairs, grab a cup of coffee and plain cake donut and head out the door. My room was large, the bed was comfortable, room clean, bathroom very nice. This is definitely a chain I would consider on a budget on a road trip with family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Destrehan, Louisiana
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is nice for $100 a night (we got the single room, 1 king bed with refrigerator, microwave)... You also get 3 complimentary alcoholic beverages, and there's free breakfast and dinner. There's free wireless internet, inside and outside heated pools, and the room and bathroom was very clean. The room was a little small BUT I just came here from another hotel in Montgomery that had a HUGE room but it wasn't very clean.. so I'd much rather prefer a smaller, clean room, especially since I have my 7 month old with me (first time mom - everything must be CLEAN!) I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have stayed at this Drury three times. This present stay was for three days. All visits have been very pleasant. Besides being clean, comfortable, and amazing service, I especially enjoy the free long distance calls and the hot breakfast. During breakfast the manager walks from table to table inquiring how one is doing and what he can do to make the visit more enjoyable. So the manager is quite visible and accessible. Will certainly be staying there in the future.

Room Tip: They have a free 5:30 p.m. small "buffet" which they call a "Kickback." They se...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this particular Drury Inn every year since it has opened and have never had a single complaint. It is only four or five years old, so it is still a newer hotel in my mind. It is a good sized hotel, and it has always been crowded during the summer. We only stay a night as it is just a layover spot for us before we go to Florida.

They front desk people are always nice and cheerful. On the main floor they also offer complimentary beverages, including alcohol which you get a certain number of free ones per day. I recall it being three. The soda machine (which is Coke thankfully) allows for unlimited drinks. I do not know when this all opens though. I just know it is at least open during the free dinner service.

We always get a suit which works out well. The room is nicely appointed and very clean. The only complaints I have is that the living space lacks a window so when the bedroom door is shut, there is no natural light. Also there are no easily accessible outlets in the living area. I had to climb under the desk and disconnect a light to charge my laptop. Beyond that the room is spacious. It also has a small kitchen like area. It just has a microwave and coffee maker as I recall but it looks nice.

Overall its a nice hotel with very clean rooms. The bathrooms were spotless. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AlexM111
Gastonia, NC
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent experience. Couldn't say enough positive things about the staff and the service. We had an issue with the A/C in our room and they had us moved into the room next door in minutes. Especially clean and well kept this place even impressed my OCD girlfriend. I was impressed that they had a security guard at the indoor pool and he monitored those leaving and assured that they were dried off and had shoes on their feet to minimize tracking into the main hotel lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nomad4dixie
Alabama
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have stayed at this location 4 times. The first 2 experiences were great and the last 2 were just riddled with numerous problems. Additionally, a fight broke out on each of the last two visits. Management did comp us a couple of nights, which we appreciate, but just don't feel as comfortable as we used to staying here.

Room Tip: The 7th floor seemed to be where the smokers are.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business