Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-East Chase
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$153
Travelocity
$139
Orbitz.com
$120
All reviewsmiss monabreakfast hostessms monagreat hotelshopping and restaurantsthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastthe hotel is cleanthe entire staffsouthern hospitalitygreat arearecommend this hotelhotel is locatedking suitedefinitely stay here againbusiness tripexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I needed to find a good accomodation close to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival (ASF) for a weekend stay and decided upon the Hampton Inn and Suites Eastchase location after reading all of the great Tripadvisor Reviews and I was not disappointed. The place was great. We had a 2 Queen beds, one room suite which was huge. The accomodations were extremely clean and well-appointed. The hotel's lobby was beautiful, like at an upscale resort. The customer service was awesome. There was an "expanded breakfast" and it had a very nice selection and plenty of seating, which isn't always the case at places that provide breakfast. Also, thought the location of this Eastchase Hampton was terrific, right in the midst of everything we needed, from restaurants, shopping to Publix grocery stores. However, it was still far enough from the hectic chaos of the other hotels close to ASF and that were "ASF Partners". We also stumbled on to a back way to ASF, where we were able to get there within 10 minutes (as we had to ferry a child back and forth from there to classes during the weekend) without going on the expressway. Speaking of expressway, while the hotel faces the expressway (I-85), did not experience any freeway noise from our room.

Definitely recommend staying here if going to be in the Montgomery, AL area. Can definitely see why this particular Hampton was awarded the Hilton "Connie" award.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I stayed here for the second time in February 2008. While I didn't think that the staff was as accomodating as my first visit in July 2007 (see below), I was still pleased with the property. It is very new and well-kept. The king size room I had included a work desk and chair, a pull-out sofa and coffee table in addition to the comfortable bed.

Each room also has a microwave and a mini-fridge--very convenient if you get take-out or bring your own drinks.

The hotel features a hot breakfast that has a different hot entree each day. My first day featured biscuits and sausage while the second day featured full-sized breakfast bagels. There were also cereals, bagels, muffins, etc. on each morning. In addition, the woman that cooks the food periodically checks on everyone to make sure they don't need anything. I thought that was a nice touch.

When I originally booked the property, I booked one night with my Hilton Honors reward points as I thought that would be the only night I needed. Later on, I realized that I would need a second night as well; so, I called the Hilton 800 number and they added a night for me (on my dime). I was assured there would be no problems because they reserved the same room I had originally reserved. When I checked in, Melissa at the front desk (who was very nice) also assured me that it wasn't a problem.

The next morning, I had a bill for one night's stay under my door. When I called down to the front desk, the worker rudely told me, "You'll have to check out and then check back in since you added a night." When I pointed out the absurdity of packing my things, checking out, and then immediately checking back in, he said, "I'm sorry, that's our policy." When I flat refused to do so, he said, "I'll see what I can do" and we ended the conversation. After I ate breakfast, I went to the front desk and at that time, magically, it was resolved to where I didn't have to check out and then back in.

Poor form, in my opinion, to argue with me over something as absurdly stupid as that.

The staff seems to have slipped since last time; with the exception of Melissa and the nice woman who runs the breakfast, they seem to have lost their customer focus. Perhaps they shouldn't rest on their laurels and instead continue to focus on providing superior customer service. Hopefully they will.

Besides that one glitch, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ArlingtonW
Reviewed July 6, 2007

This hotel is located in a rapidly developing area of Montgomery and is the only hotel in the immediate area. Everything in this hotel is literally brand new and in immaculate shape. The pool was clean and inviting, the lobby area was spotless. Breakfast is a little more than the usual continental, with a few hot options on the table.

Service was superb-the front desk even called when we requested cookies. The morning hostess was friendly and outgoing. Southern Hospitality is alive and well here.

If there is any drawback, the rooms seemed small as the double bed was within 6-8 inches of the side wall.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank dawright03
Reviewed July 5, 2007

Great Hampton Inn! This is obviously a new hotel, so that certainly helps. From the great service at the front desk, to the comfortable beds, clean rooms, and great continental breakfast, everything was top quality. The area is nice as well. Brand new outdoor shopping center (with Dillards, Banana Republic, GAP, etc) and restaurants (Red Robin, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, and more). We will definitely stay here again the next time we are passing through Montgomery.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pokes12
Reviewed March 12, 2007

My wife Barbara and I stayed at this hotel between March 8th and March 11 and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The friendliness and hospitality extended by all the staff was second to none. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms were spacious and well serviced. The lounge area offers complimentary juices and hot drinks 24/7. The breakfasts were more than adequate and well presented by very amicable staff. There is a superb fitness area and we enjoyed the external heated pool. The hotel is across the road from the East Chase shops and is easy walking distance from a number of nearby restaurants. We paticularly enjoyed "Chillis" and "Ruby Tuesdays". The area appeared to be very safe. We were in the area for our sons wedding and we had a king suite. Our son stayed with us the night before his wedding and he too was impressed with the facilities, hospitality and location. It was also very handy to have the computer facilities to be able to send wedding photos promptly back to the UK. Other people have stated that the hotel is over priced but we felt the value for money was superb and we will definitely be returning to this hotel when we are next in the area.

Stayed: March 2007