Tripadvisor

Review of Martha's Place

Martha's Place
Ranked #21 of 561 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Home cooked meal away from home! Outstanding food and service at a great value. Must visit if gurus looking for soul food in a quiet family atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2020
890marthah, Owner at Martha's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for coming to Martha's! You are always welcomed here and I look forward to visiting with you when you return!

Write a reviewReviews (92)

Reviewed December 29, 2019

An excellent buffet usually featuring 3 meat choices and many veggies and starches. A separate dessert table offers cakes , cookies and puddings. The ambiance is very nice at lunch and makes the people feel at home. Price is fixed and a Senior rate is offered at $10.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019

We had a very good lunch. The service was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Hot food buffet had good choices.

Date of visit: November 2019
Martha H, Owner at Martha's Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are blessed that you considered Martha's as your
choice today to have lunch. We thank God for all of our friends that join us daily...please come
back again and ask for me, Martha, when you do. I would love to meet you!

Reviewed November 7, 2019

Got in just before noon, seated as soon as we paid. Line at buffet moves slowly. Large pan of fried chicken was all dark meat, wife helped me look. I went with spicy meatloaf, wife took liver and gravy. I noticed one waitress handing out cups of cobbler while we were in line. Our waitress did a good job but never mentioned cobbler until my wife asked. After sampling it I would put it in my top five.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank JGinLA_loweralabama
Martha H, Owner at Martha's Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2019

Thank you for visiting us at Martha's Place. I apologize that you had to ask for cobbler. We will certainly
alert our wait staff to do a better job of informing our customers when we have cobbler available. Please
come back and visit and ask for me, Martha. I would love to meet you and sit down and visit. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

Hadn't been to Martha's Place in quite awhile--it has been expanded and is now very nicely laid out and attractive. The tables are covered with lovely black cloth table linens and red charger plates with place settings. There is a hot food bar and a salad/dessert bar. The hot food bar offered several different entrees and lots of choices for vegetables. The salad bar had a nice variety; dessert bar was limited, but had some delicious options. Service was very good and the food was great. Definitely plan to visit more often!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Martha H, Owner at Martha's Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love all of our friends who visit us at Martha's Place. Once you have been, you are now family! I look forward to seeing you again soon.