“Much improved since opening weeks”
Review of Newk's Eatery

Newk's Eatery
Ranked #83 of 466 Restaurants in Montgomery
“Much improved since opening weeks”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Last 4 visits have been excellent. Great food at great prices. My husband loves the pesto chicken sandwich and the pizzas. Found the q sandwich tasty as well. I LOVE the southern salad and a visit to their condiment bar makes it even better! Their honey-mustard dressing is outstanding and has some heat. My only complaint is that it is often freezing in the restaurant so we try to sit just outside the kitchen or out on the porch. If you hated it early on, you will be shocked how much better it is. Great management here.

Visited May 2014

“Horrible service”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

One of the WORST dining experiences ever! The waitress (Dee) was too busy tending to take out orders and the bar to service my table. The appetizers took waaaay too long and our salads didn't arrive until we were already seated over 1/2 hour. Our waitress came back to check on our table only once. We had to ask the manager for our check because she never came back to the table. Then she yelled across the bar to ask us if our checks were seperate I think that was very unprofessional. Will NOT visit this establishment again.

2 Thank Carol R
“Late night bite”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had been on the road all day and decided to try out the new Newks in Montgomery . The place stays open till 10 so that was a major plus for us.i had the Mac and cheese and the hubby had a hot sandwich . After we sat down we noticed a very nice condiment bar that had many great selections . The bread and butter pickles were wonderful and full of crunch. The only problem was we arrived at 8:45 and the employees were busy cleaning and the items from the condiment area were getting put away.. So we missed a few of the other items ..I won't hold it against them as we were late in eating Sunday. The size of the portions were very generous and everything was fresh even with it being so late. I think I'm hooked. Now to make it during a better time.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoy The Cup”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Before there was a Newk's in Montgomery I had a large cup with Newk's logo emblazoned on it that I had inherited somehow. I had always imagined that this must be from some local event somewhere and they were just a sponsor. It turns out that they server their drinks in these collectible cups so when you go you'll have something to take back home with you.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Joe B
“Loved this place ! ”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

A group of us -- about 9-- went there yesterday. Pleasant staff. They accommodated our number and arranged tables ans chairs accordingly. Food was delicious ans plentiful. I had the cheddar broccoli soup and pesto chicken sandwich. Was delish!
Wouls definitely go there again!