“Great neighborhood Italian”

Ranked #77 of 462 Restaurants in Montgomery
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Great neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I really loved picking up a to how order and take to my home on S. Perry St. Two blocks away. It was convenient and consistently good food. The management and staff were always very helpful and courteous -more like family. The good wasn't the absolute best Italian I've ever had like in some very high end restaurants around the country, but it was more like a family home made Italian -delicious and like going to an Italian aunts home for diner. The only issue I've ever had is their hours confused me for some reason. I don't think they were unusual, but there were some times they'd be closed when I expected them go be open and vice versa. I'm sure it was my issue and not theirs. Overall, you can't go wrong with this neighborhood restaurant. This is one of the places I miss after having moved to Birmingham.

Visited July 2013

Montgomery, Alabama
“Good Local American Italian and Pizza. Go On In.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Cosino's is a family run Italian restaurant that has been in Montgomery over forty years. The restaurant has virtually no atmosphere. Looking at the building from the outside, you probably wouldn't go in, and the inside is not any better. Corsino's patrons don't care. The food and the family are the essence of the place. The restaurant serves simple, American Italian dishes and pizza with several salads and garlic bread, virtually nothing else, at lunch and dinner. Combos, such as spaghetti and lasagna, are popular, as is the eggplant dish and pizza. What makes the dishes so good are the authentic cheeses, fresh ingredients, and Don's touch. When we eat at Corsino's, the hard choice is between an Italian dish and pizza, so, we often order one of each and share them, always with the Dago salad. Corsino's is not open Saturday or Sunday, so Friday night is their busiest time. They also do a large takeout business. I recommend you drive by, go on in despite what you see, and try the food. I think you'll like it. If you do be sure to say hello to Myra and Don.

• Visited July 2013