“Great customer service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I would like to commendate Dewayne Rembert,assistant general manager,for his excellant customer service. Besides from him being extremely friendly and professional,he helped me a great deal by getting me a room while the hotel was booked-up with a convention. He some how got me a room after spending a long time on the computer. He also personlly helped me with the door lock card that I was having trouble using. The general manager, Joseph Holly, personally helped me get an extra door lock card after I accidently locked myself out. He also was extremely friendly.
This was the 1st time that I stayed at a Homewood Suites and I give the hotel a "10 out of 10" rating. The hotel was very accmodating and comfortable. I will definately stay at other Homewood Suites from now on. Thank you very much.
Thomas Caulfield

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery

Reviewed August 23, 2010

This 2 BR suite was large, clean, and decorated nicely. The breakfast and evening menus offered a variety to delight all. Joseph, the manager, has assembled a staff of professional, helpful and warm employees who execute his vision of promoting a 'family-type' atmosphere to perfection.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We found this hotel to be a truly great surprise in Montgomery. The light dinner was excellent and included grilled burgers, baked beans, and cole slaw. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, etc. Our room was clean and lovely. Every staff member greeted us with a smile and spoke to us! We have stayed at many hotels, but cannot remember ever being treated so warmly. When in Montgomery, I would not stay anywhere else. A fabulous surprise!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2010

A very clean and nice place. Convenient to all the local attractions including the Shakespeare Theatre and the Robt. Trent Jones Golf Courses.
Have stayed there before and would do so again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We like the amenities and spaciousness (especially the 2BR suites) of Homewood Suites and the one in Montgomery was no exception. Located in a nondescript corporate park location, this was an excellent all-suites hotel, clean and new with a friendly staff. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank StartsOn95
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed for three weeks and really enjoyed it.

A hot breakfast is available every day (expect to see eggs, biscuits and gravy, some type of meat, and assorted cereals, breads, fruit, juices, and coffee each day).

Dinner (including wine and beer) is always served Mon-Thur, but we even received an extra meal while we were there. We asked the hotel's manager to serve food for our group on Superbowl Sunday and he threw a Superbowl party for the hotel. He provided wings, sandwiches, chips, dip, beer, and wine for everyone, as well as decorating the lobby. We really appreciated being able to enjoy the game together at the hotel and no one had to drive "home" afterwards. In addition, occasionally the hotel ran out of the buffet at the end of the dinner hour, but each time this happened the hotel staff either allowed us to choose something to eat from the "suite shop" or else went back to the back and made us turkey sandwiches.

You can find out about all the hotel's amenities on their web site, but as a customer I just want to emphasize the service I received there. The staff was consistently very friendly and service oriented, going out of their way to make things nice for all of us guests.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 16, 2008

There isn't much bad I could say about this Homewood. Check-in was very quick and efficient. I was given a studio suite on the 4th Floor which was very nice with just a minor problem. It appeared that the carpet hadn't been vacuumed as I found some debris near the bathroom sink. I never walk barefoot in a hotel room so it wasn't a huge deal but also made you think about what else hadn't been cleaned properly. In addition I was reading a note posted on the kitchen table about "daily cleaning procedures." It stated that the glasses and dishes would be cleaned daily but not sanitized. It made me wonder why in the heck they have a dishwasher in each suite if they don't use them. Other than that, really it was a fine stay and I would come back to this property. If you are visiting make sure you have transportation as there aren't any restaurants within walking distance. Of course they have the nightly manager's reception and a nice hot breakfast in the morning, but if you are looking for something else, you should have wheels as the hotel does not appear to have a shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business