“Great hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Collierville, TN, United States
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hotel was very clean and fresh. Hospitality of check-in person was outstanding. Good value for quality hotel compared to others. Have stayed at this hotel several times and plan to stay there again. Highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Ok, after reading all the wonderful reviews- you did the right thing by booking. Here are my Do's and Don'ts:

Do's

-Beds are so COZY! Great mattresses w/ pillows.

-know the sofa's pull out to a sleeper. That is where my 3 year old slept.

-there is coin laundry on 2nd floor, so PACK lightly (Montgomery Airport is small, took forever to get my checked bag.... next time, just a carry on and going to wash every other day). $1.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry- worth every quarter.

-Breakfast- it's free and plentiful. Every day was a basic scrambled egg + meat breakfast. Waffle bar was my 3 year old's favorite. Cereal, yogurt, oatmeal bar. Juice/coffee bar. Fruit. Honestly, sure- it got a little old by day 4- but that last day I chose to have cereal & yogurt. (oh and bagels/pastries & Grits were laid out as well). You have options! and it's included in the price of the hotel- WONDERFUL

-Lets talk about Southern Hospitality.... I am from California where there is no such thing. I was shocked at the amount of helpfulness in Montgomery. The front desk staff was amazing. Answered every question, helped me get my Dining Out Dress pressed by dry-cleaners, and even allowed me a late late check out the day of DH Graduation. Parade was at 11am and no way was I going to make it back by noon. They were not even phased when I asked for 1:30pm checkout and even said "if you get in a bind, just call us". wow.... they have earned my business forever just for that. (note, I was 7 months pregnant with a 3 year old- traveling alone--this may have earned me extra privileges)

-Grocery Service- yup- they will stock your full size fridge with whatever you need- they have a form you fill out (they prob can do it BEFORE you even check in)- just call. Honestly with Breakfast served, you won't need the groceries.

-Target 2 freeway exits up, and Walmart 1 freeway exit down. We went to stock up on bottled water and snacks. Full kitchen is SO nice to have!

-Dinner on weeknights- We were never around to eat, but hey- way cool they have it.

-Wifi is super fast! Kiddo had his ipad and streamed his netflix/PBS shows

-East Chase is where all the stores and restaurants are. Find the Target.

-Have kids? Well at he end of Perry Hill road (same street as hotel) is a park with play structure... just a quick drive.

-read my reviews of the restaurants we tried Downtown.

DON'T's:

-take the weather for granted! lol- I arrived and it was POURING rain at 11pm at night. Then hot and sunny the next day. Cali weather is pretty consistent, so this was new to me.

-pack too much- use the laundry- they are FULL size washer and dryers. Head to Target for your Tide/dryer Sheets.

-you don't need to budget an extravagant amount for food. All your basic fast-foods + a Chic-fil-A at the next exit. I was surprised how cheap we could eat in Montgomery. Panera not far, Chipotle, etc. As you get into downtown Montgomery--- restaurants that can get more expensive. NOTE: meters downtown end at 4:30pm, they say 6pm- but all the meter "maids" get off at 4:30pm.

Room Tip: packing light- ask for the 2nd floor to be near laundry
1 Thank Ninja_Mom_Hacks
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 22, 2014

What an awesome weekend!! We had 22 family members come for our son's college graduation. We stayed three nights. Upon check in and throughout our stay Katie was amazing. Mark was our right hand man for all the car loading and unloading as we had guests at our sons house Friday and Saturday night. 50+ guests so this was quite an ordeal
to set everything up each day and Mark was amazing. The housekeepers are the best!!! Very friendly couldn't have asked for better.
Ray Brown, the manager checked with us to see if all our rooms were satisfactory. The breakfast crew was great as well. Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. The facility was very nice and obviously well kept. The outdoor area which we used the first night was great. Plenty of seating so everyone 30+ people really enjoyed the get together. Basketball and swimming for the kids too. To everyone who made our stay great, thanks for everything!!!!! If you stay anywhere else in Montgomery you have missed a real treat.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The 1 bedroom suites are worth a little extra just for the extra room. The...
Agana, Mariana Islands
Reviewed May 21, 2014

First and foremost, I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU TO QUINT, and HARRIS! Just entering the hotel after a long day, just them greeting you and making you feel welcome was enough to take the tiresome away! Quint provided me some helpful information on getting to know about the history of Montgomery, AL. He also informed me about good places to eat and reasonable prices! You can't ask for more! Mr. Harris would let me vent when I had a bad day and all he did was listen which is all I needed. He would provide me with necessities if I needed anything and I thank him for that! The ladies, can you say AWESOME! They were very prompt and professional if I needed anything and they always had a smile on their face, no matter how busy they each were. Homewood Suites in Montgomery, Alabama have sold me, there are no longer any hotels that can compare! Thank you again to the staff! You all Rock! Oh I can't forget the beds...the beds were very, very, very, comfy!

Perez

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel was selected by our company for us to stay at for a 2 week school. The rooms are so wonderful and relaxing. The staff is unbelievable, they went above and beyond to meet any need or request you could ask for. They were always friendly, Quentin at the desk and the lovely ladies who worked in the kitchen to always have breakfast and dinner ready for us. That's right complimentary breakfast and dinner! But wait, there is more.... free beer and wine! My room was always spotless and very comfortable. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel! You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Awesome staff. Very friendly, helpful and courteous. The compliment breakfast and dinner was more than I expected. The room amazing! Enjoyed the pool, utilizing the grill to cookout on the patio and had great times with friends in the lobby/dining area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom M
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Homewood Suites in Montgomery was the last hotel in our recent visit to the States.

We hadn't stayed at a Homewood before, but were really pleased with the room and the service. We took up the recommendation for dinner at a local restaurant which turned out to be a very good meal.

We had hoped to be able to use the pool but it was raining, so that wasn't to be.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple