Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed July 24, 2013

J and B are great representatives of the Hilton brand. They make every effort to ensure that our stay is comfortable. Generally, I stay at another hotel brand when on business, but because of J and his staff, I will make every effort to stay here at Homewood Suites. Fantastic job! Oh, and the breakfast is wonderful, especially the grits!!!!

Room Tip: Get a one bedroom suite on the pool side, top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

C C,

You are too kind! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location passing through headed from Texas to north Carolina, so this was a good half way point for us. The hotel was very nice as we have come to expect from the Hilton brand. The complimentary breakfast was good and Ruby who helped served was outstanding! I would recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The rooms did not meet my expectations. The couch was torn and dingy looking. The bedding was not appealing at all! My family and I travel a lot and we always try to stay at Hilton Hotels. This was the first one that I was dissatisfied with. Homewood Suites used to be my favorite hotel, however in the past few years, the quality of this hotel chain has really gone down. Please upgrade and return to #1 that you used to be.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Connie S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our property and brand goal is to exceed our guests expectations--and I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay with us. You bring up some great points that our brand and ownership has heard and are responding. In regards to upgrading---we're already on our way. In fact, as of September, our property will be undergoing a complete renovation to address the concerns you had. After nine years, we're about to freshen up to make sure we're delivering the best quality product that our Suite Assurance Guarantee promises. In regard to the bedding, we're also changing all of the linens out as well to a lighter duvet and linen offering that will roll out nationwide at the end of this year.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope that the next time your travels bring you back through Montgomery that you will experience the new upgrades our brand has to offer.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The entire staff from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the breakfast cooking crew had the most positive attitude I have ever encountered in a hotel. Every single employee of the hotel had a genuine smile and went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. Breakfast was very good with a lot more variety of items that I expected. Rooms are clean and spacious and the furnishings, while not brand new, are very well maintained. You would have to make a real effort to find anything not to like about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been in the hospitality industry for the past two decades and and currently the general manager of a small hotel. I stayed at Homewood Suites recently and was more than favorably impressed by the quality of the rooms and the cleanliness of the property in general. But in this day and age, room quality is generally high in many of the better hotels, and so customer service - and just plain old-fashioned hospitality - becomes more and more important, at least for me. The front desk staff at the Homewood Suites were very accommodating when I needed a taxi to the airport (they arranged an excellent car and driver), and they were especially helpful to my elderly mother, who needed help printing boarding passes for her flights. I regret that I did not write down the name of the gentleman who helped me, but Helen was very kind in assisting my mother, who also stayed here, and we thank her for going above and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ned B
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Wanderlust1965,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate your kind remarks about your experience. I'll be more than delighted to pass along your experience with the team. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel in good condition with friendly staff. The continental breakfast had a lot of choices and tasty. Bagels were stale and the eggs should be warmer. Muffins, sausage, and coffee were good. Room had kitchenette with roomy frig. Room a little pricy for the area but overall good quality for my business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Axel S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Glad to hear we were able to meet the need of your business trip in Montgomery. Breakfast is an important part of the day and I have made sure to pass along your remarks about the breads with our food & beverage team to make sure we get it right. Thanks again for your review and hope to have you back the next time your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a newer hotel tucked away in a pretty business park but right off of the interstate. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I liked how the kitchen is blocked off by a wall unlike many other suite hotels where the living room and kitchen are all one room. There is also a DVD player in the room. The breakfast is hearty and changes every day, and there is also a "happy hour" with free beer and wine and even free dinner. The only thing I can say about the dinner is to get there early-- when we stayed at the hotel there were a lot of families there and the food was all gone, although they were cooking some more. It was 'deli night' and they had sandwiches and potato salad, and the next night was ravioli. If your schedule causes you to miss the dinner, you can just turn left out of the hotel and cross over the interstate and there is a great deli/restaurant right there (Chappys) that is a Montgomery icon. Also that way and not that far by car is a really nice park if you have children-- Vaughn Road Park. We had picnics there many times when I lived in Montgomery, so it would be easy to grab something at Chappy's and head over. The hotel staff is very friendly and another plus is that the area is safe (always a concern in Montgomery). If you are looking for a suite hotel, I would definitely recommend this one.