“LOVED the Staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed December 16, 2012

So, I'd been traveling with children on my own. When we arrived early at the hotel early, the front desk saw I was a bit flustered and upgraded me to a larger room...she was an angel! We checked in and went out to play basketball...great little court. There must have been 15 employees that walked by greeting us and asking if we needed anything. The room was lovely, the food was yummy and it was more than I expected as far as feeling like home. Loved this hotel in general, but their staff made it just that much better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here in the beginning of November on our way down to New Orleans and it was absolutely great!!! Rooms were cozy hall were quite and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was one of the best you'll ever have. The staff both at check in and check out were very friendly and i couldn't of asked for more!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We are Hilton junkies, so if there is a Hilton option we always try it first. We didn't go wrong. This is our first stay in Montgomery and would definitely return to this hotel if a nights stay is called for in Montgomery again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great overnight stay. Had the free dinner which was better than I expected plus a couple free glasses of wine. Only downside is that it isn't close to other eating options, but I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

OTR67,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Glad you were able to take part in our evening social during your stay. While we don't have any chain restaurants outside our entrance, we're pretty much right in the middle of Montgomery whick makes it a short drive to either end of town. With the evening social four nights a week, some may not even need to leave at all! Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stopped here to break long journey down to coast. Hotel is close to freeway so easy to access albeit in a residential area so not that evident. We were warmly greeted by receptionist and checked-in very quickly. Room was great very bright and clean - it was a corner room so quite large too.

As we were there on a Tuesday we took advantage of the Homewood Suites evening meal - it was great - baked potatoes with a large variety of toppings - helped yourself - a good salad bar, plenty of wine/beer and lots of fresh fruit - only slight drawback dining area not very large so difficult to get a table to sit at.

Breakfast next morning was also excellent - the catering staff were all very pleasant and kept the area well stocked and clean.

If I needed to stay longer in the area I would certainly choose this hotel.

I had seen some other detrimental reports about the hotel - I must say I do not agree - it was a very pleasant expreience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Seniorsup,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Great to hear that your overnight stop was a good one at our Homewood Suites! As you know, there are many components that make up a great stay and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourself at our property from start to finish. Thanks again for your detailed review and we'd love for you to see us again on your next trip through Montgomery!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wrote a review for this hotel a few months back and it was less than positive. It truly was unfortunate that we had such an unpleasant stay at a chain that is usually so wonderful. Upon writing the review, I was contacted by Jason Deluca (the manager) and was actually thanked for my review! He said it gave them the opportunity to do better. He assured me that the pack and play cribs had been replaced with real cribs and my review had been distributed to the entire staff. He also FULLY refunded the cost of our stay. While we did have a bad stay at this particular hotel, receiving a refund made it a little better, but learning that they actually took my review to heart and made changes makes me want to give them another chance. Thank you for your excellent customer service in this area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

NinaP22,

Thank you for the follow-up review after our conversation from back in June. You are very kind to circle back with the TripAdvisor audience to share your post-stay experience. In most cases where we speak to guests like yourself after the fact--what transpires and how we attempt to make up for it rarely reviewed. We take guest reviews, whether it be through Hilton surveys, sharing concerns at the property or posting on TripAdvisor VERY seriously. I have set high goals for the success of our property in terms of how we deliver the services that we provide. We certainly don't want problems to occur--but if they do, we have to respond and correct. The Homewood Suites brand is so confident in our product and the service standards that we must achieve that they back them up with the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Anyhow, thanks again for your help so that we could tackle the issues you experienced and prevent them from happening again.

Take care!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The staff here is very helpful and accommodating. I stayed here with my volleyball team, 5 rooms, and everyone was pleased. Satisfying 12 high school teenagers...great job. Dinner Thursday night, tacos, was delicious! All of the girls enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2012

powellvb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind remarks. We host traveling teams from time to time and we do what we can to make you all feel comfortable and at home while you guys are at the tournaments. Should you all play again in Montgomery, we'd love to see you all again.