“Super time while shooting Super Bowl Commercial in Montgomery”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was in town shooting a Super Bowl Commercial for Hyundai. Our production team spent the first week at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Montgomery. After a week of impersonal service and attention we decided as a group to make a move. When we arrived at Homewood Suites, it was like coming home. The staff made us feel so welcome, rooms were great the lobby was an ideal hang out spot. We were able to truly relax after long days at work. We all spend a lot of time in hotels around the world and this was a really nice experience. Debbie Daniel and the rest of the Homewood Suites Team really saved us.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Howell C
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Howell C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We were thrilled to host you and your colleagues during your time in Montgomery. We pride ourselves on delivering great service and a welcoming atmosphere. It's great to hear that we were able to make your time in Montgomery more enjoyable. I will be sure to share your remarks with the staff. We look forward to seeing your commercial on Super Bowl Sunday. I am sure it will be a great one!

Kind regards,
Jason DeLuca

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The staff of the Homewood Suites were accommodating, the hotel was very clean. Will definitely stay again when visiting Montgomery again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

JanetCampen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that we were able to help you make your trip to Montgomery a great one! We look forward to the next time you are in Montgomery for your next visit.

Kind regards,
Jason DeLuca

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here overnight on our way to Destin, FL as it was close to our cutover point to head south off of I-85. My wife had reserved a 2 Queen Suite for our stay here.

Our friends and I were impressed with the hotel. It was clean, comfortable and well maintained.

Our room was right outside the elevator. It had a nice living room with a pull out couch, comfy chairs, and flat panel TV. There was a small kitchen, galley style, with full size fridge.

As my wife is a HHonors member with pretty high status, we had a bunch of things in the room, such as snacks and bottled water, with a letter from management.

Beds were really comfy. The bedroom was really large and there was plenty of room for the 4 of us and our luggage. Bathroom was a standard hotel bathroom, but the sink area was outside of it and the shower/tub and toilet were in a separate room.

Overall, we had a great stay. Breakfast the next morning (hot buffet) was great, especially the grits. I'd stay here again on our way down to Destin.

Room Tip: We just asked to be on a higher floor, as is our preference, however, in a 3 story hotel, there real...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

SliderNC--thank you so much for taking the time out to review our Homewood Suites on TripAdvisor! The staff works very hard to make sure guests like yourself have an enjoyable stay, every time. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to the staff as it is great to hear both when we can improve and also the kudos for a job well done. The Homewood Suites brand offers such a great value with the various amenities available to our guests like yourself for both business trips and weekend/vacation get-aways. Should you ever pass through the Montgomery area in the future, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This hotel wasn't as nice (or as new) as the ones located further east on I-85 but it was a good value and the staff were very nice. The hotel was quiet and had a convenient location right off the interstate. Plus it had a pool and basketball court, which seemed like an added plus.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Not much to say. We stayed 8/12/11 for one night on our way to Mobile for a cruise. When I booked the room, I booked a rate of $139/nt for a one bedroom suite with 2 queens and a pull out sofa in the living room...there were 6 of us. We arrived at the hotel at about 11pm and, when I walked in the door, I approached the front desk and was greeted by a young man with a great smile on his face..."You must be Mr.----------" he said (and he was right). I don't think I've ever been greeted by name at a hotel without telling them what my name is....first impression: A plus. He pulled up my reservation, I asked if there is a AAA rate, he took the rate down to $102 (no fuss or hassle), handed me the keys and said, "you're all set, have a great night". The entire check in took about 4 minutes...perfect.
The room itself was great. Nice decor, comfortable beds, plenty of space, clean as a pin, no complaints at all. The breakfast the next morning offered a great variety: eggs, sausage, waffles, potatoes, grits, etc.......for 6 people, if we were to eat at a restaurant, it would have cost me at least $75. The way I see it, it makes the $102 rate I got even more of a bargain.
It's nice to know that there are hotels in this price range that still offer great service, clean and safe accommodations and are a tremendous value.
Nicely done indeed!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed here for 4 days at the beginning of June 2011. It was exceptional. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and comfortable, and always well prepared for my return from the exhausting day. Breakfast was always well done, and the "manager's special" light dinner was perfect before relaxing in my room for the evening, although the food was simple, and seemed to be catered to the children staying in the hotel. That was fine by me, as I like chicken nuggets and hamburgers, too. All in all, I was very well pleased with the hotel, and it is the only one I plan on staying at in Montgomery in the future.

Room Tip: My non-smoking King room was on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We've stayed at a lot of Homewood Suites. This room seemed a little smaller than others we have stayed in, but not to the point of being uncomfortable. The room was clean and well stocked with towels and extra blankets. The negative: we woke up in the middle of the night to a horrible smell like sewage. The smell was so strong that it kept us awake. We mentioned it to the person at the front desk the next morning, and we were told that there is a paper mill nearby, and they were to blame for the odor. The rest of the hotel, however, did not stink. It was just our room. Also, the mattress was pretty hard- super firm. It was not comfortable. We probably wouldn't stay here again. There is a Hilton Garden Inn right next door, and if/when in the area again, we'd try that instead.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family