TripAdvisor

8:00 PM
Ranked #15 of 556 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is an American Restaurant and Steakhouse serving authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour at the FIREBAR® or on the patio for drink specials and bar bites. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Reserve Your Table with us today.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were in town from New Orleans and found Firebirds on TripAdvisor. It turned out that Monday was half price on any glass of wine so that was a bonus. The food, drinks and staff were terrific. The manager, I think his name was Joseph even sent out a desert that he made with a fleur de lis after we said that we were from New Orleans. A very warm welcome from everyone working there on our travels.
Big thanks to everyone at Firebirds for a great dinner!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

This place has potential. Nice atmosphere. Food was just ok. Had an $18 salad that was disappointing for the price. Ordered it with grilled chicken and I swear it was prepackaged chicken. It was even cold. My mother ordered a different salad with grilled chicken too and same thing - cold. Wasn’t a pleasant taste when you got a piece by itself. This was our first visit and most likely last unless we hear the food quality, taste, and value improves. Service was very slow for a near empty restaurant but our server was professional and sweet.

Date of visit: September 2019
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to our Montgomery location. I'm sorry that we did not execute our usual standards of food quality and service. I will be sharing your review with our leadership team and I'd like to have our regional manager contact you directly to learn more and make this right. If you would like to be contacted will you please reply with your name and the best way to reach you? Thank you.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

love the steak here the wood fire gives it a great flavor and I always have a great time the staff is all over it and the managers are always available

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019

There is a server, Joy, who was way BEYOND RUDE and I brought it to the attention of the manager, general manager, and district managers...The manager called me back and told me she was being fired. SHE WAS NOT! I understand some people serving have bad days like the rest of us, however, I always tipped her 25-40% of my ticket, I always sat at the bar, and she was rude for several months in a row and then I finally brought it to management's attention. Josh, one of the managers, was rude the last time and FINAL time I ever came into the store. I was very cordial, but they discounted me as rude. How in the world can someone even think that when I still tipped the d**n waitress 25% on the day she was completely RUDE! She not only did that to me, but to others at the bar (and they were regulars). She has a reputation of serving wine by the glass just to UP the bill and not offer her customers a bottle to make it less expensive for them. I was a bartender and a server and THIS IS UNCALLED FOR! Does she not realize that most of us have been servers before and we know when a server or bartender is not working on our best experience in the restaurant? Since they still have her employed, I WILL NEVER GO BACK and I WILL ALWAYS SPREAD WORD BY MOUTH my experience on several visits. I have been there several years and always had a great experience until server/bartender, JOY started showing me attitude. She is caucasian/white. I just want to be certain (in case others named, Joy, start working there) that you know who she is. She has tattoos and had a bad attitude and it's totally BS! Manager Josh, you know you were rude to me as well the last time I was in there, I said hello and you just walked by. You were wearing an arm cast. See, I REMEMBER EVERYTHING! There are a dozen of restaurants that have better servers, attitudes, and will be TIPPED ABOVE THE MEANS! Even other employees came and talked to me about people not liking her and her attitude!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

The service was so slow, the manager had to come by and apologize several times, and the restaurant wasn’t full. And when we finally got our food, it was cold.

Date of visit: August 2019
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. The situation you are describing sounds truly frustrating and does not reflect the level of service or quality food we aim to deliver and are known for. I will be sharing your review with our leadership team to address the issues with our staff. Our hope is that you will give us another try soon.