“Delightful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 448 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chicken Salad Chick is a place for chicken salad lovers (and their friends & family) to rejoice! We take pride in making our delicious chicken salad flavors by hand every morning, using only the most perfect premium chicken tenderloin. Our recipes are crafted with our special combination of sweet and savory ingredients and our secret blend of spices and seasoning. Beyond chicken salad, our fan rave about our fresh side items (especially our grape salad and broccoli salad!), our homemade pimento cheese, gourmet soups & seasonal desserts. nWe don't take ourselves too seriously at the Chick. Whether you're grabbing a quick bite on your lunch break or catching up with an old friend, The Chick is your neighborhood destination to sit back, relax, and enjoy some delicious food. Why? Because we believe that good food brings people together and nourishes the soul.
Alabama
“Delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is the ultimate "chick" restaurant. It's so pleasant to find any kind of chicken salad you could dream up, and some you could never imagine!
They have a "base" chicken salad, called "Original Chicken Salad" I think, to which they add other ingredients to form their other choices. Lots of them have apples, or nuts, or even jalapenos. They give free samples, so I tried the Lana Luau, which had pineapple and macedamia nuts, and the Nutty Nana, which had almonds and pecans. Chose the Lana Luau.
As a side I got a broccoli salad---wow and double wow! It was really the highlight for me, so delicious and refreshing. No mayonnaise here, at least I couldn't detect it. It had a vinaigrette taste, with bacon and cheese. (No raisins, thankfully)
$8 for a meal---you get a scoop of chicken salad with crackers or a sandwich or croissant with chicken salad, your choice for the same price. Comes with a side and a pickle.
The decor is pretty nice, nothing extravagant, but they made the effort to make it pleasant. Outdoor seating. I believe they need more tables---the place is packed. A suggestion, go early.
But my best tip is to get samples of the chicken salad before you buy---that way you'll be sure to get exactly what you want.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Alabama
“What a selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Chicken salad your way- almost any way!!! Want some chicken salad uniquely? This place has it all. With nuts. With fruit. With unique blends of seasonings and spices. So glad Montgomery has a local store now. Many choices of fresh bread! This store is always busy and the line moves pretty fast! Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2013
West Point, GA
“15 Types of chicken salad, I am going to try them all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I bought the chick trio, (3 scoops) and tasted 4 types of chicken salad. I tried the Dixie Chick first, which is their regular chicken salad plus onion, and I must say my favorite so far. Second I tried the Nutty Nana. It was filled with tons of nuts and very good too. I tried the Jazzy Julie and the Kickin' Kay Lynne, and decided to get my third scoop the Kickin' Kay. I bought my plate to go, and it cost about $10.00. I had enough to eat off of a couple of times. I tended to eat the first two first and still have some of the Kickin Kay left. Several patrons were ordering the Fancy Nancy with apples, grapes and pecans. You can also run in and get a pound for 9.95 grab some bread and have a picnic. They may not be open on Holidays, so keep that in mind. They were closed on Labor Day.

• Visited September 2013
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good food and excellent atmosphere and cleanliness of the restaurant....would recommend as a different and unique restaurant and food menu...

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very very VERY good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

When you go in, you order at the register, pay and get your food at the end of the counter before sitting. We went around 1:30pm, so there were very few tables taken. The menu was very descriptive...I'm weird about certain textures and I was grateful for how detailed the descriptions are. The food was fresh (everything was made that day) and it was excellent. It is the perfect place to go for a girl's lunch...but there were men there too.

• Visited May 2013