“Fun Place”
Review of Genghis Grill - CLOSED

Genghis Grill
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Great Concept, LotsToChooseFrom. StaffWasVeryNice. FunPlace ToGo. Remember ToPackAs MuchFoodInBowlAsPossible!!

2  Thank Christopher L
There are newer reviews for Genghis Grill

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We absolutely love this restaurant and eat here whenever we are in town. It's clean, service is great and the food is wonderful!

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The concept is great and the food is fresh and good. Unfortunately, like most places in this town, don't expect great service. The host staff is very friendly, but the table servers all hide in the back and try not to make eye contact!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice and both times the service was terrible. The first time I went was when they first opened and I could understand that everyone was new so the service might not be the best, but I didn't expect burnt food. The second time I went, my table got seated but didn't have a server come greet us until after we got our food ourselves and our appetizer came after our entree. The food was definitely better the second time, but I don't think should be that difficult to prepare food when the customer picks out all the ingredients and all you have to do is heat it up. I have been to genghis grill in the woodlands Texas and it was 110 times better which is how I know what to expect. If they would hire a more attentive staff I would go back. Until then I will be taking my money else where.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

While we liked the concept of Genghis Grill, the service and execution of the idea were lacking. Today was our first (and likely last) visit. We sat for twenty minutes without any contact from a server. We didn't really know how the concept was supposed to work. We finally got up and went to the bar to ask when we saw other people getting into a 'buffet' line. We finally were contacted by our server, who took another ten minutes to get our drinks and our recipe bowls. My feeling is since the recipe and choose your own is a buffet, then you may as well make drinks and the recipe bowls serve yourself as well. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy, but I got the distinct impression that a good majority of the staff were just milling about. The food was okay, but nothing to write home about. We spent around $36.00 for a medium bowl and a large bowl, along with a dessert. It just wasn't worth it, we could have spent the same money going to a nicer restaurant. Pretty sure we won't be going back.

1  Thank M W