“Everyone leaves and goes to 5 Guys Burgers next door”
Review of Genghis Grill - CLOSED

Genghis Grill
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Greeted by bored hostess who walked away without seating my wife and I. We asked another lady to seat us and she went to "check on a table"but ended up joking around and giggling with a male employee. Finally a third employee seated us. Sat for a while and finally had to ask for a server which got us an eye roll from both hostess`. Didn't take us long to get up and leave. Walked outside and another family was outside and had also left .They commented that it was ridiculous in that place. My wife and I counted at least 15 employees playing around loitering and just pretty much ignoring their job,as who appeared to be the manager was sitting at the bar.This place needs serious management overhaul or it will be out of business soon. What a joke.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is filthy & the food was horrible! Our entire dinner we sat & watched the on duty Manager eat at the bar. When we took our bowls to the station the counter was crawling with ants! Poorly managed, won't take long to be out of business!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

During a trip to the Eastchase Mall, my wife and I decided to try the new Genghis Grill in Montgomery. The mall was extremely busy, because it was the last shopping weeking prior to Christmas. However, the restaurant was not busy, and I will explain why. First, we were greeted by a hostess that was not at all enthused by our presence. There were several empty tables, but we were told to have a seat and wait. We waited for about 10-15 minutes. I watched several of the wait staff stand around the bar with the on-duty manager sitting there in the corner of the bar conversing. This wasn't a staff meeting....

When we were taken to sit, we were seated at the table where the chair stuck out into the aisle where everyone had to walk to and from the grill. This is also the narrowest aisle in the restaurant, so everyone had the distinct pleasure of bumping my chair or brushing my back as they passed. For about another 10 minutes, we waited from our waitress. She came by and asked if anyone had waited on us. When we said no, she said she would find out who was assigned to our table. Well, they give you a grill card with the server's name on it. Turns out, it was her....

So, now that we have a server, we order drinks. The waitress is pushing the flavored teas, so my wife orders one. When she brings out our driinks, she brings a lemonade and tells my wife they are out of the teas. Hope that's ok... Really? She takes our order and tells us how to go through the line and turn our food over to the grill staff.

We ordered an appetizer, and it arrived in a decent time. It was okay, not great. Had to ask for some chopsticks from another waitress who delivered our appetizer.

When the bowl of mongolian bbq was delivered, it was great. The grill staff did a great job. Of course, you chose your own food. So, if the taste is off, you have to blame yourself. The price isn't too bad, and they do a military discount.

Overall, I would say the food may keep this place running for a while. But, like many other Montgomery restaurants, the service is terrible. The manager sat at the corner of the bar the whole time we were there. Most of the time, many of the wait staff were gathered around socializing with him or others. Since we waited quite a while, this was well over an hour. Service will definitely be a disappointment, but if you can get past it, the food won't.