“OK Deli. Convenient Take Out”
Review of Chappy's Deli

Chappy's Deli
Ranked #85 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Description: Serving your family New York Flavor with Southern Hospitality since 1989. Chappy's Deli is your locally owned deli, offering full-service breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with fresh, quality ingredients and great value. Chappy's Deli offers drop-off catering and free delivery* to surrounding areas. And kids always eat free*, everyday, all day at any of our full service locations. And every diner gets free ice cream!!
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Chappy's Deli on Vaughn Road is one of three in Montgomery. It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner until 8:00 p.m. It is very convenient to the area for call-in and take-out lunches. One attractive feature is outside tables, which I enjoy in nice weather. The breakfast menu has the common items, but I usually choose other cafes for breakfast, because I think they provide better cooked eggs and bacon. The lunch menu has many of the usual deli items. Several attractive ones are the Rubin sandwich, the salad plates (tuna, chicken, and/or pimento cheese), the make-your-own sandwich, with a large selection of breads, cheeses, and meats. Also, small servings of free ice cream are offerered at the end of your meal. The service is good, although when you pay the waiter (sometimes you pay on the way out), it can be slow. In general, I have lunch at Chappy's Deli when someone else suggests going there, friends or grandchildren. The food is ok, some is good, but I usually want a little nicer lunch, even though I'm a big deli fan. One problem also tends to influence me. I think the dining area needs some deep cleaning. The problem obviously doesn't put me off completely, but some work would tend to change my view of the deli. If you are leaning toward eating there, I suggest you try it and decide for yourself.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food is always good and the friendly feeling just flows over everyone. The free little ice cream cones at the end of every meal is good too. We visit often.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The food is average. Most meals I've had aren't bad, but not great either. The dumpling soup is good and plentiful. The best part? Kids eat free.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My daughter & I enjoyed a wonderful lunch date at Chappy's. I had the most amazing Reuben ever!! Everything was fresh & fabulous!!