“Try the buffet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Description: It is only a few months old. Phone Number: 334-3564533
Seattle, Washington
“Try the buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We've been for the buffet as well as dinner. We don't know much about Indian food so decided to check out the buffet for a sampling. We thought everything was delicious! Definitely try the ice cream. It tastes like roses - sounds weird, but give it a try! Owners are so nice and helpful. Great value!

Auburn, Alabama, United States
“freshly prepared authentic Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been in Indian restaurants around the world, and this restaurant in east Montgomery could have just as easily been overseas where my love for Indian food began! It is a very ordinary looking place... but the food was excellent. The owner carefully supervised all the restaurant's operations, and the service was good. The basmati rice was perfectly prepared, and the goat curry dish was in the traditional style (e.g. bones included). If goat is not your preference, there are lovely chicken, veal, and vegetarian dishes that each had their own special flavors. They dial back the spice a bit (relative to food in India) to accommodate American tastes, but they do offer hot sauces and freshly blended chutneys that you can add to taste. I hope to return someday to Taste of India and sample other authentic dishes.

• Visited November 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
“Authentic Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went there today with a foodie friend, The atmosphere was nice and the place was welcoming. The staff was superbly attentive, but most important the food was outstanding!

My friend started with a mango lassi drink, you could taste the freshness of the mango and yogurt! We shared the Lamb Vindaloo, Chicken Korma, and Goat Kahdahi entrees, with a samosa appetizer.

Wow, eveything was cooked to perfection, the spices were right on the mark, and the prices were reasonable. Reminds me of the best Indian restaurants I used to go in California, a gem in Montgomery, we both loved it!

• Visited November 2012
Troy, Alabama
“Excellent buffet; friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went to the Saturday buffet twice in a row because this place was such a wonderful discovery. To our amazement, they change things up on the buffet and actually spice the food up so that it's not bland and Southern tasting. The staff are very friendly, and we think this is a real gem in the Monty ethnic food market.

• Visited September 2012
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Poor Service Average Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I think the staff of this restaurant are intentionally trying NOT to get business. It is difficult to place a take-out order because they only have one phone line for both their voice and fax calls. And when I dine in, I have to wait to be seated longer than usual because the one waitress on duty doubles as a hostess, even during dinner hours. And finally the last straw...there were only two other guests dining in this evening during dinner when I asked to be seated at a booth. And the rude waitress informed me that booths were only for parties of 4. To make it even worse, she led me to a dirty table with one chair next to another guest. I was hoping for some privacy but to no avail. The food isn't good enough for me to continue to be treated as an inconvenience instead of a valued customer. So I promptly left a virtually empty restaurant never to return again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leah0704

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!