“Great Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
St. Louis, Missouri
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a nice location. It is obviously a very new property. The pool area was very nice as was the workout area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were exceptional. This hotel has a restaurant (kids under 12 eat free - all meals) and bar, which is a nice bonus for tired travelers.
There were 2 major issues during our stay: 1) I heard several people complaining at the front desk about someone else walking into their rooms. Apparently the front desk had assigned multiple people to 1 room. This happened to someone in our group as well. This was very unsettling to them. The hotel really needs to fix this issue. 2) The restaurant service was terrible. It took over 45 minutes to be served breakfast. It was greatly understaffed. There were only 5 tables of guests, so it could have been worse had the restaurant been full. They did pay for our meal, but only after we had been there for a very long time.

I would stay here again. I'm a big fan of Holiday Inn Express and try to stay at them while traveling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mrs.WilsonSt.Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was clean, safe and the nicest part of my stay was the staff. Everyone I interacted with was friendly, helpful and really had a caring attitude. Unfortunately I dont remember names but the young man who checked us out deserves a special shout out.

• Stayed May 2012
NEWNAN
Reviewed May 19, 2012

After a long drive and a real tough month of travel I arrived here after requesting 'could I please have a quiet room?' when I made the reservation on the priorityclub.com website on check in the lady seemed to be having a bad day...she quickly assured me room # 104 was the quietest room in the hotel, I had a cnnecting door, I was opposite the laundry room, and later that night I discovered the hotel was fully occupied by s teenage girls sports team who seemed to be un-supervised....I stay more in hotels is a year than I stay at home, I am a Gold card Priority Member, I did not sleep the whole night and I had a major early meeting the next day, my whole trip was ruined because of this bad night, I requested a room change and complained, but was told the whole hotel was full.....Busines folk please beware of this hotel, although clean and newish, it is NOT business friendly...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you are a medium to light sleeper....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
97 Thank GRAHAM N
Francisco M, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Montgomery South, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Graham M,
We thank you for staying with us and and deeply regret the bad experience you had. I will be contacting you privately to discuss specific details.
You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have implemented a plan of action to ensure the supervision of groups. We already have rules and standards that groups must adhere to before they book their stay and there is a curfew for unsupervised minors. However, we will improve the enforcement of such rules to ensure the comfort and rest of all of our guests.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Friendly staff and delicious breakfast. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
fhmaya, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Montgomery South, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Montgomery, AL, and for taking the time to share your experience! We are happy to hear that your "Quick Stay" was a good experience. We work hard to make sure that our property is clean and comfortable. Our staff is genuinely friendly and it's not by chance that we hear that from guests very often. The Holiday inn Express brand prides themselves on a good assortment of offerings for our breakfast and we are glad you enjoyed!
Thank you very much again and hopefully you visit us again!
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We booked this hotel on the reviews, but we did not stay here. The area is not the greatest, boarded up buildings and no place to eat. The hotel looked new and nice we just were not comfortable staying in the area.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
64 Thank Litequeen
fhmaya, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Montgomery South, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and we are deeply sorry to hear you did not complete your stay. The location of our property is something that unfortunately we have no control over. Since the the economic downturn a lot of businesses in the area have been closing down. We work with the community to bring the are back to life. Rest assured that we remain a safe place and we have never had any incidents related to safety. We are a quiet and safe hotel and we would like for you to stay with us in the future and we guarantee a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We recently had to travel to Montgomery because of a family emergency. From the moment we talked with staff at this hotel, we felt we were in wonderful hands. They gave us info about the hospital, provided us with maps and local tips and during the whole week-long stay were caring and went out of their way to make us feel at home and to help us in any way they could. Our room was clean, breakfasts were fine and the staff were cordial and sincerely caring. We were so fortunate to have found Holiday Inn Express and Linda and her colleagues. They gave us a home away from home during a very difficult time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Montgomery. We are very happy that we were able to provide "a home away from home" for you. Our staff is so grateful of your kind review and wishes you and your family the very best. We hope you can visit us again as we consider all our of guests part of our family and we will stand by you during hard times and hopefully share with you some good times as well.

Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I made reservations for two separate stays at this hotel 6 nights apart in non-smoking rooms. When we arrived late on March 16, 2012 the hotel looked very clean and the lady at the front desk was very nice. My wife and I were traveling with two 19 year old girls. When the lady at the desk showed me the room charges I noticed that there was an additional charge of $20 for the two girls. I mentioned to the lady that their hotel policy states that there will not be an additonal charge for children 19 years old or younger when staying in the same room as the parents. She had to change the reservation so that it listed the girls as being 17 in order to get the extra charge removed but did it without any problems.

On the way to our room we noticed that the elevator had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke. When we arrived at our floor the hallway was full of cigarette smoke. I checked our room and it smelled OK. During the time we had the room door open to bring our luggage in the smoke entered our room. The room and our clothes smelled like cigaretted smoke all night.

The next morning as I was checking out I asked the lady at the front desk to change our upcoming reservation so that we would not be charged extra for the 19 year old girls. She proceeded to lecture me on how anyone 18 years or older was considered an adult in the United States and she appeared to being enjoying herself as she lectured me. She was very rude and condescending but since I was under no obligation to keep the upcomming reservation I just told her goodbye and I left. I later cancelled the reservation and I will never stay at this hotel again.

On our return trip we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ozark, Alabama and it was much better and it cost less. I have no complaints at all about the Hampton Inn. I will be staying at the Hampton Inn again this summer.

Room Tip: The first floor is all non-smoking. If you stay on any of the other floors you will be subjected to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
54 Thank Timmy M
Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites, and for taking the time to provide this review.
We are extremely dismayed that you did not receive the level of service and perfect condition of room that we work so hard to provide. There is no excuse for the smell of cigarrete in our property, however we are working on becoming a 100% non smoking hotel.We have addressed the issue with ALL of our housekeepers and have made it a priority to keep the hallways fresh and free of smoke.
Regarding the policy of children, it is the brand policy that children stay free. However it is true that children are considered 18 year old and younger. We have also addressed the issue of communicating guests this policy in a kind a courteous manner and in no way we will tolerate the kind of rude behavior you describe by any of our staff members.
We are most upset by one of our staff members in the way they treated you. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, and our management team has high standards of what type of hotel we want to be. .
Again, we are so sorry for the difficulties with your stay. Please know that this is definitely not our standard level of service! We have faith that if we are lucky enough to have you as a guest in the future, you will experience a completely satisfying stay.

Very sincerely,