“An outstanding experience”

and up
Full Day Black History Day Trip to Alabama Sites
Ranked #1 of 68 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: Martin Luther King's residence from September 1954 to February 1960.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Sherry Cherry is an amazing tour guide. We learned and experienced so much in one hour. Ms. Cherry teaches with passion. It was a fantastic experience.

2  Thank Mark S

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This tour is more about the story than the place. The house is used as the vehicle to talk about King's background, how he handled the situation in the face of bigotry and intimidation, and how far we have come as a nation since the 60's. the docents are knowledgable and passionate about the civil rights movement.

1  Thank Ladira
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went to the parsonage and our tour guide was a retired teacher that went to the same church as MLK when he was a pastor and that lived through that period of history. Her perspective was amazing without being accusatory.

2  Thank Woodsnottraveled
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I saw it when it wasn't open so I only saw the outside but I got a picture on his porch. :) cool. Also, Hank Williams gravesite is not too far from there. Down the road and turn a corner. I'd recommend seeing this house if you're like me and have a long bucket list of things to see.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am so glad that my husband, children and me took some time to visit passing through on our way to Florida. The young man on the tour was so nice and did a wonderful job showing us through the home. From some original pieces of furniture down to my favorite red flowers in the kitchen; I walked away from this tour moved and honored to tour the inside of the home. THIS is a MUST DO if you're in Montgomery!

1  Thank Fancy24